Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

4 hours ago by Niefol

Early effort with new toy

view post

Trick or treating

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Trick or treating posted by Craig (Admin) November 03, 2008 06:27AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Here is the first of my three kids' trek around the neighborhood on Friday night. This is Will. He and Mac opted for the same costumes as last year while Eugenia went as Dorothy, a bit of a departure from the witch she went as in '07.

Shot with the Composer (tried a bunch with the Muse but could not nail them in the dark at all, Composer increased my keepers by 1000%), double glass, f2.0 and a prototype of a Lensbaby super wide angle lens (to be offered by Lensbaby in the next couple of months).

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Trick or treating posted by RichB November 03, 2008 06:39AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Craig,

I like the grainy look, high IOS I assume in the dark. Wish I could have gotten shots of my grand-daughters in their costumes this year.

You know that I can't wait till that super-wide angle lens becomes available!

Rich
Re: Trick or treating posted by igorsv November 03, 2008 06:49AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Enigmatic quality.
Re: Trick or treating posted by Craig (Admin) November 03, 2008 08:05AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Igor and Rich, thanks for the comments.

I like the grainy look too. Shot it at 3200 1/15 second. It was grossly underexposed on his face and that side of his body so I used two raw conversions, one for the mids and highs and one for the shadows. The mids and highs were mostly noise/grain free so I added grain overall to make everything match.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Trick or treating posted by BearWoodsDavid November 03, 2008 09:17AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I really like the grain it adds to the feeling of Halloween.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Trick or treating posted by Fugazi November 03, 2008 05:05PM reply | quote
posted by Fugazi

The result is great here and indeed, the grain is a 'surplus' here.
Re: Trick or treating posted by Keithnc November 03, 2008 09:27PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Nice shot. I like the grainess.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today