Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

22 minutes ago by Kirsten

Re: Paris 2014

view post

Macro with the Composer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Macro with the Composer posted by BearWoodsDavid October 30, 2008 06:04AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Here are a few of my experiments with macro and the Composer. the first one is a 14mm ext tube and the Composer and double glass wide open. Number 2 is the same but with a Nikon 2x converter added. The last 3 are the 2x converter, 14mm ext tube and a 75mm enlarging lens stacked on the front of the Composer. I really like this lens for macro work.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Macro with the Composer posted by RichB October 30, 2008 06:18AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Really nice images. I'll have to try some with my extension tube and the Composer. Thanks for the details you provided in your description.

Rich
Re: Macro with the Composer posted by rannestad October 30, 2008 06:18AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

I am very impressed of all your converters, extension tubes and enlargers:) Works great. I am looking forward to playing around with the composer.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: Macro with the Composer posted by BearWoodsDavid October 30, 2008 09:32PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks again Rich and Bjorn. The Composer is really looking to be extremely versatile and with other coated lenses in the mix it remains tack sharp in the detail areas.
David

David Akoubian

Re: Macro with the Composer posted by Keithnc October 30, 2008 10:49PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

My favorites are 2 and 3. I like the flow of the stems in 3 very much.
Re: Macro with the Composer posted by kmac October 31, 2008 12:17AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Thanks for sharing images from the composer - I like the results - especially the second and third. Only have the LBO and it is a lot of times frustrating for bot images.
Re: Macro with the Composer posted by Craig (Admin) October 31, 2008 04:22AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Hi David,

Wow, the combinations of lenses/converters/tubes are as fascinating as the photos. Glad you have been able to put together such a versatile system.

#3 is dreamy.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Macro with the Composer posted by BearWoodsDavid October 31, 2008 09:17AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks all for your kind comments. Craig you guys have really come up with a great product that in my opinion challenges and inspires photographers to see differently. In the 30 or so years I have been making images I really can't remember experimenting so much and having this much fun doing it. I wrote an article that I hope to have published this spring about how in the past year the use of the Lensbaby lenses has really gotten me closer to nature than I have been in some time. It is so refreshing to create an image and experience the smells and the details while doing so. Thanks again.
David

David Akoubian

Re: Macro with the Composer posted by Kath November 01, 2008 03:46AM reply | quote
posted by Kath

Definitely a set of "WOW!" images, David!

Kathleen

www.kathleenclemonsphotography.com
[www.ppsop.com]

My blog: [kathleenclemons.blogspot.com]
Re: Macro with the Composer posted by BearWoodsDavid November 01, 2008 09:09AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Kathleen that means a lot.
David

David Akoubian

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today