Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

18 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

3G for documentary... "Watch Over Me"

Newer Topic | Older Topic

3G for documentary... "Watch Over Me" posted by filmstox October 27, 2008 07:55PM reply | quote
posted by filmstox
Greetings,

I'm excited to have my first post to the board be about a project I am very proud of, and a great deal of that pride is because of the images my new lens baby allowed me to capture.

Please take a few minutes to view "Watch Over Me" at [www.edgecentric.com] or in HD from

The project is a 10 minute mini-doc about the Los Angeles County Civil Grand Jury. We were hired to try and bring a human face to a fairly unknown branch of local government. The video will be seen by over 10 million people a year as it plays back in the jury selection rooms for Los Angeles.

It was shot using the Brevis 35mm adaper (www.cinevate.com) and about 70% is using the LensBaby 3g.

I am very pleased with the result and think you'll agree that the look would not have been possible without the LensBaby. It's extremely rare for a client to approve a video like this without significant changes... on this we had none. I sincerely feel we owe much of that success to the LensBaby, so thanks for making such a wonderful tool.

-David C. Smith
LA / OC Cinematographer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 07:57PM by filmstox.
Re: 3G for documentary... "Watch Over Me" posted by igorsv October 27, 2008 08:24PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

David, Thanks for sharing. The 3G worked very well for this movie. Now, when the first result is encouraging I believe you will be using the 3G in your future work. This is how the addiction starts -:)

Igor.
Re: 3G for documentary... "Watch Over Me" posted by filmstox October 29, 2008 04:24PM reply | quote
posted by filmstox
Addiction is right... the 3G has pushed me over the edge to invest in a Nikon DSLR. So hopefully I'll be posting some stills here too.

Thanks for taking a look.

-David
Re: 3G for documentary... "Watch Over Me" posted by rannestad October 30, 2008 06:26AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Cool. Works so great. Looking forward to seeing your stills too.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today