Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by Fastback67

Re: The Lutheran Home

view post

Dogumentary: Creative Apertures in Action

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Dogumentary: Creative Apertures in Action posted by Jack Howard October 27, 2008 01:10AM reply | quote
posted by Jack Howard

Here’s a sampling of selects from a recent trip to the woods of Vermont. Most of the shots captured over the weekend were made with the Composer/Double Glass/ Dog Paw Creative Ap (The Dog Paw was made with a Uchida Marvy punch I got at Michael’s Crafts), though I did use the precut star and my Xactoed Jack ‘O Lantern for some of the shots. But it should be noted that each and every shot in this series was created with a non-round aperture. Sometimes the effect is subtle, and other times it is very obvious.

Bailey is the 10.5 yo Shep, and Owen is the curly 3yo Golden-Doodle. The two of them have a lot of fun running the trails, smelling the smells, and stomping the puddles. Then once it got dark, we all sat around a bonfire...

All these were shot in Manual mode, on the Nikon D90.

~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~~

Check out my new book! (2nd Edition now Available!)
Re: Dogumentary: Creative Apertures in Action posted by RichB October 27, 2008 01:28AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Jack,

Nice series and thanks for the story behind the images. I like the effect of the multiple apertures, with 3, 5, 9, and 10 being my favorites.

Rich
Re: Dogumentary: Creative Apertures in Action posted by Keithnc October 27, 2008 02:04AM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Great group of shots. I like the effects of the special aps.
My favorites are 1, 3, 8, 9, and 10.
Re: Dogumentary: Creative Apertures in Action posted by ranfoto October 27, 2008 04:04AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

I always get a kick outta' seeing creative modifiers used....as you never know exactly what they'll do to your images when Bent about .......a perfect outing for all ..... "Kewl" this Jack-Oh!-Vision .
Re: Dogumentary: Creative Apertures in Action posted by shurla5 October 27, 2008 04:13AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

This is really funny, I looked at the pictures and decided which I liked best and then scrolled down and I picked the exact shots that Rich chose as his favorites as well, 3,5,9 & 10.
Boy does he have good taste, LOL.
Re: Dogumentary: Creative Apertures in Action posted by Jack Howard October 28, 2008 02:59AM reply | quote
posted by Jack Howard

Thanks folks! Bailey is such a great photogenic subject :) She's been in at least 10 stories for PopPhoto, and in my book...

I'm a little surprised to not get any feedback on the last shot, which I think is pretty neat-o :(

~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~~

Check out my new book! (2nd Edition now Available!)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today