Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

4 hours ago by Kirsten

Re: Paris 2014

view post

Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by BearWoodsDavid October 25, 2008 10:41AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I spent the morning in North Georgia photographing Anna Ruby Falls and then Smith Creek. Here are a few of the results. Thanks for looking. All are done with the Composer at f11 and a circular polarizer.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by RichB October 25, 2008 11:00AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Great series. Absolutely beautiful!

Rich
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by kmac October 25, 2008 12:12PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

As Rich said just a beautiful series - love the falls images - how are you liking the composer?
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by WilliamE October 25, 2008 04:54PM reply | quote
posted by WilliamE

Great series, #6 is my favorite. I'm always a sucker for long exposure falls. Nicely done.
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by BearWoodsDavid October 25, 2008 10:38PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks for looking and commenting. Kmac I love the Composer. It is so easy to use and fast also. I ran into some photographers on the trail to the falls and I was showing them how easy it is and let them play with it too. One of them commented they were really not a fan of Lensbabies before because they seemed too hard to use but this was easy enough. Again I think the LB folks have something that is going to appeal to a lot of folks that were on the fence before it. I have some interesting Cow photos from this morning I will try to post later too.
David

David Akoubian

Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by igorsv October 25, 2008 11:49PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

David, very nice set of images. The heavy, dark colors made a special presentation.
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 26, 2008 12:28AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

WOW David, what a beautiful collection of captures. My favorites are No.3 first. It is mysterious in a good way and No.6 it is just such a beautiful place. Well done - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by BearWoodsDavid October 26, 2008 05:43AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Igor and Jimmy.
David

David Akoubian

Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by ScottM October 26, 2008 10:42AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

very nice David . What a great place to shoot. #1 and #6 are my favorites
Scott
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by David Pitcher October 26, 2008 11:01AM reply | quote
posted by David Pitcher

Very nice work David. I especially like #2 and 4. Great dark quality to them.
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by BearWoodsDavid October 26, 2008 08:25PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks David and Scott. It is a beautiful place. I am taking my Lensbabies to the Smokies in 10 days for a workshop. It should really be great up there.
David

David Akoubian

Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by Keithnc October 26, 2008 09:46PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Very nice set of shots. Great job.
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by BearWoodsDavid October 27, 2008 08:57AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Keith. These were the first images I had done of rivers with the LB and it was a lot of fun.
David

David Akoubian

Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by lokki October 27, 2008 02:17PM reply | quote
posted by lokki
Gonna agree with everyone else - great job! I love the saturation and the choice of focal point. The leaves by themselves are probably my fav of this set.
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by Fugazi October 27, 2008 03:15PM reply | quote
posted by Fugazi

Nice set of pictures.
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by jbrunjes October 27, 2008 08:40PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Great series. I like the waterfall shots the best (1&5).
Joby
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by BearWoodsDavid October 27, 2008 09:24PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Scott, Fugazi, and Joby for viewing and commenting.
David

David Akoubian

Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by paul morgan October 28, 2008 04:54AM reply | quote
posted by paul morgan

Love the simplicity of 3, and the woodland scene 6.
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by Darrell Marquette October 29, 2008 01:15PM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

David, these are impressive. Like that milky water.
Re: Anna Ruby Falls and Smith Creek posted by BearWoodsDavid October 29, 2008 07:33PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Darrell and Paul. Darrell, I love that look too. I try usually to get at least a 1 second exposure. The longer the exposure the longer the smooth look. Thanks again all for looking and commenting.
David

David Akoubian

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today