Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

4 hours ago by Fastback67

Re: New Guy Checking In

view post

Another boring fall topic :)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Another boring fall topic :) posted by mgomespt October 21, 2008 04:00AM reply | quote
posted by mgomespt

You've seen it before, I've seen it too...but hey, my new lensbaby 3G rocks so much it even got me back to shooting trees! :)
Re: Another boring fall topic :) posted by ranfoto October 21, 2008 04:05AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

If it rocks your boat, then it can't be all that boring .....besides what may seem boring may in fact ....just need a bit of Bending to see it in a new light.

Bend on.....Bend on ! :))
Re: Another boring fall topic :) posted by mgomespt October 21, 2008 04:19AM reply | quote
posted by mgomespt

heheheh, I've been following your artbending forum and even though I love I still haven't found the purpose/linking chain of it? can you please enlighten me?
Re: Another boring fall topic :) posted by RichB October 21, 2008 06:03AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

We bend because we enjoy bending -- whatever this may be. Love #3.

Rich
Re: Another boring fall topic :) posted by David Morel October 21, 2008 10:49AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

#3 is really great example of what good bending is all about!

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: Another boring fall topic :) posted by Fugazi October 21, 2008 02:29PM reply | quote
posted by Fugazi

#3 for me too !
Re: Another boring fall topic :) posted by rannestad October 21, 2008 03:11PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Virtually everything in this world have been photographed a thousand times. What makes it interesting is if you do it in a slightly new way. Love no4. Gorgeous colors in all of them.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: Another boring fall topic :) posted by Keithnc October 21, 2008 09:10PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Nice set of fall colors. I will have to go with #4. I like the colors and the tree trunk added in there.
Re: Another boring fall topic :) posted by mgomespt October 22, 2008 12:03AM reply | quote
posted by mgomespt

Thank you guys so much for the great comments :)

Bending...hmmm...I still don't get it :)
Re: Another boring fall topic :) posted by ranfoto October 22, 2008 10:48AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

"Bending" the purpose/linking chain of it, can you please enlighten me?

Ok......first you say your 3G "Rocks" ......why ?

I feel Bending, at least aRtBending is about expressing what you see as intersting in whatever subject you decide to focus and capture .

Now the key here......is that most lenses that have been made to attach to our SLR bodies are so sharp across the plane of focus that it's really hard to capture the scene other then just data .

Doesn't matter if the lens is wideangle, zoom, or telephoto it's more about pointing, framing, composition, and is the light right .......!

Bending adds several more elements that you can choose from abstraction, shapes instead of round apertures, aberration control that has a more organic feel, plus many intangibles that just seem to appear and we can incorporate into the scene by choice .

Plus for me, I can also choose which lens optic that best give me all of these elements .

Craig has now given us more choices with the new swap optics coming on line .

Is there more to this about the purpose of Bending ?

You bet......but it may be hard to express in words, so we express it through our images .......just look at all the diverse stuff posted by Benders ......it would fill volumes of explanations of what it might express !
Re: Another boring fall topic :) posted by mgomespt October 23, 2008 02:17AM reply | quote
posted by mgomespt

Aaaaah, you mean bending reality ! :)

photographs that "pop" into out eyes little have to do with what joe the plumber would see if he was there at the time they were taken... I "bend" the reality on my pictures so that they represent my personal visual perception and the way I chose the scene to be handed to the potential viewers of my pictures...

This is Art...the ability to capture a literate point of view and make it presentable to an audience (even if that same audience consists of just the artist itself).

Keep on bending your reality, and get better at it by eating visual art for breakfast.
Re: Another boring fall topic :) posted by ranfoto October 23, 2008 06:18AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

I feel Joe the plumber better keep to bending his snakes down the drains, so the art doesn't back up and stink up the neighborhood .

There are many kinds of Benders ......but we have to choose are own pathes to what we care to Bend ......aRt is in the mind of the Beholder ......so we go with the flow and hope it "don't" stink ! :))

How's that for Bending some thoughts ?
Re: Another boring fall topic :) posted by igorsv October 23, 2008 08:56PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Ran, Great discussion - very beneficial for everyone.

Igor.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today