Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

17 hours ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

Fall Composer images

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Fall Composer images posted by BearWoodsDavid October 19, 2008 09:22AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I finally got to use the composer doing some fall color images on a hike to the Len Foote Inn (a hike in lodge in North Georgia). I love the way the composer feels and works. If you are on the fence about ordering one...do it. I found that it was very, very easy to use and quick. I intentionally made sure I would have to change optics in the dark doing sunrise to test how easy it would be and it was extremely easy to do. I really think that the Lensbaby crew outdid themselves with this one. I am going up to the mountains for 3 more days this weekend and will do more experimenting. Thanks for looking.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Fall Composer images posted by themacguy2k October 19, 2008 12:43PM reply | quote
posted by themacguy2k

WOW... this is a great series of shots. 2 and 3 really stand out to me. Looks like you are going to help sell another composer because of these shots!

Nate
Re: Fall Composer images posted by sasa1974 October 19, 2008 09:21PM reply | quote
posted by sasa1974

i like No5. is it multiple exposure?
Re: Fall Composer images posted by RichB October 19, 2008 11:29PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Nice shots -- love the bokeh in 2 and 4.

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2008 11:30PM by RichB.
Re: Fall Composer images posted by rannestad October 20, 2008 05:04AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

3 and 4 are so lovely. I am looking forward to receiving the composer. Seems to be a great little thing.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: Fall Composer images posted by paul morgan October 20, 2008 05:07AM reply | quote
posted by paul morgan

These are great, just love three.
Re: Fall Composer images posted by BearWoodsDavid October 20, 2008 08:25AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks all for looking and commenting. Number 5 is a multiple exposure, it is 4 shots. All of these were shot wide open and I plan to do some really neat stuff this week in Helen, GA. I will be concentrating on rivers and waterfalls. Just a note on #4, it is a sculpture that on the equinox in spring and fall the sun rises into the circle. I wanted to use it as a graphic element in the sunrise. One thing that I really found to be a big big advantage of the Composer over the 3G is how easy it is to use filters and diopters on the lens. It is so much easier to turn the polarizer. This week I am going to use some ND filters and a polarizer together. Thanks again.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Fall Composer images posted by Duh_Vinci October 21, 2008 11:42AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Very nice series, great colors, creative bending, but finding #4 most intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
D

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today