Latest Post

1 day ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

More Composer shots

Newer Topic | Older Topic

More Composer shots posted by btrancho October 17, 2008 01:54AM reply | quote
posted by btrancho

I spent some time at an old unoccupied farm not too far from my home this morning. Broken, dense clouds scudded over, making the light change constantly.

Some more Composer observations:

- Again and again I can get the focus right the first time. This is easier (for me) to focus than the Leica M8.

- As soon as I get used to locking in the bend my shots will be even more consistent. When I forget to lock it's easy to knock off my setting when I let the camera swing from my shoulder

- Very easy to get filters on and off. Crank the focus all the way counterclockwise and the threads are right up front.

These shots are all at f/4.0 with the wide angle adapter.

Bob

Trancho Photography - [bobtrancho.viewbook.com]
Re: More Composer shots posted by jbrunjes October 17, 2008 02:37AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

These are great... Great colors and contrast. The other recent ones were as well. I will have to get a composer soon. My keyboard can't sustain the amount of drool you pictures are causing.
Don't you just hate power lines? I have so many cool shots that I had to discard due to those black lines going across the sky.

Joby
Re: More Composer shots posted by btrancho October 17, 2008 03:29AM reply | quote
posted by btrancho

Sometimes power lines drive me crazy and I'll actually spend the time necessary to clone them out if it means making the photo work. But in the case of that second shot they didn't bother me much. In fact, they sweep from the barn at almost the same angle as the LBC's radial blur and bring the eye over to the tree, then your eye settles on the small building across the road. I like how they help lead the eye around the photo.

Re: More Composer shots posted by Ol' Don October 17, 2008 03:49AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

These are just tremendous images.

Thanks for sharing this series. They would look great hanging on the wall!

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: More Composer shots posted by RichB October 17, 2008 04:10AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Bob,

Every image in this set is absolutely beautiful. I had trouble picking my favorite, but did finally pick #2. Then I read the other posts noticing they talked about power lines. I went back and THEN I saw the power line in #2. I hadn't even noticed them the first time. I still love that image. Oh -- what is taking so long for my Composer and Optics Kit to be delivered -- I think my order is #15!?!

Rich
Re: More Composer shots posted by ScottM October 17, 2008 04:16AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

great set of images. The composer sounds great to use. I'm with Rich, wheres my composer? Its coming next week I hear.
Scott
Re: More Composer shots posted by btrancho October 17, 2008 07:21AM reply | quote
posted by btrancho

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I shoot with other lenses and cameras but will come back to the LB when I feel in a rut or uninspired. It almost always breaks that spell.

Re: More Composer shots posted by BearWoodsDavid October 17, 2008 10:18AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Bob these are really nice.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: More Composer shots posted by Duh_Vinci October 17, 2008 09:39PM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

I've been following your threads with composer - thank you for additional inspiration with your great work and your comments on the use of the lens!

Placing order for mine =)

Regards,
D
Re: More Composer shots posted by kudzu October 18, 2008 04:31AM reply | quote
posted by kudzu

A great set! #1 and #6 are my favorites. Really like the dark clouds in #1.
Re: More Composer shots posted by spindle_city_photo October 24, 2008 11:29AM reply | quote
posted by spindle_city_photo

#1 is my favorite and the series is beautiful.
Re: More Composer shots posted by jad October 31, 2008 09:41AM reply | quote
posted by jad

Great images. It looks like you are really getting it right.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today