Latest Post

1 day ago by Victoria Bell

Re: The Beach

view post

First Composer shots

Newer Topic | Older Topic

First Composer shots posted by btrancho October 15, 2008 03:47AM reply | quote
posted by btrancho

My Composer arrived today and I took it out for a spin through some local farmland, to a lock on the Champlain Canal, and to a local farm stand.

My first impressions:
- so much easier to focus and nail the shot the first time
- simply moving the sweet spot and having it hold without any further effort is a joy
- there will be a MUCH higher percentage of keepers with my Composer over my LB2

These shots were taken with the wide angle adapter at 4.0 and 2.8
Re: First Composer shots posted by ScottM October 15, 2008 03:59AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

nice shots, great color. Hope my composer shows up soon. I'm jealous.
Scott
Re: First Composer shots posted by essablue October 15, 2008 04:05AM reply | quote
posted by essablue

Ditto what Scott said...:)

Kelly
Re: First Composer shots posted by RichB October 15, 2008 05:02AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Great to see these -- must mean that the NEW ones are shipping. (Nice shots too!)

Rich
Re: First Composer shots posted by Keithnc October 15, 2008 05:09AM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Great shots, green with envy.
Re: First Composer shots posted by shurla5 October 15, 2008 08:28AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

These are great, you're making us all really jealous!
Re: First Composer shots posted by annshaw October 15, 2008 08:46AM reply | quote
posted by annshaw
Well, I hate to gloat, but I will. I just got home from work, and a sweet little composer was in my mailbox, too.

I've had about 5 minutes to play with it, spooking my cat in the process since he was the handiest test subject, and I have to agree with btrancho on the joy part of it.

All of the luminous whimsy of the G2, none of the aggravation.
Re: First Composer shots posted by btrancho October 15, 2008 08:47AM reply | quote
posted by btrancho

My order number was 100000012 so I think I might have been the 12th order for the new web system. My order shipped Monday. If you have an order pending you should see it very soon.

Bob

Trancho Photography - [bobtrancho.viewbook.com]
Re: First Composer shots posted by David Pitcher October 15, 2008 08:53AM reply | quote
posted by David Pitcher

Ditto on the great shots, especially the yellow daisies against the blue sky. Also extremely jealous of those with their new toys.. I can't wait until I recieve the new Composer along with the optics kit that I ordered from B&H Photo.
Re: First Composer shots posted by Craig (Admin) October 15, 2008 09:25AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Glad that two of the few that we have shipped are to forum members, looking forward to seeing more images from the new lineup.

The order numbers are not necessarily a good litmus test for shipping order just yet. Anyone who ordered an extra optic cup had to wait for the storage cups to come in which have been shipped (via air shipping) by our supplier and will be here shortly. I wish I could give you all a Composer and a smile right now. This is driving me crazy seeing to think of being in your shoes waiting for this new fun tool.

Hope it is worth the wait.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: First Composer shots posted by BearWoodsDavid October 15, 2008 10:38AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Great shots, I can't wait!
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: First Composer shots posted by KayBee October 24, 2008 01:11AM reply | quote
posted by KayBee

Very nice shots!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today