Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

4 hours ago by ebby62

Fishing boats

view post

Sierra's fall colors and snow

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sierra's fall colors and snow posted by ScottM October 14, 2008 11:42AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Went up to the Sierra's (California) this past weekend to shoot some fall colors and had snow showers 2 of the 3 days I was there. Made it more interesting even though I wasn't prepared enough for the 12 degree weather and no chains for the car. But I still had fun. The bus steering wheel was at a junkyard on the way there. Thought I would include it.
Enjoy, Scott

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2008 02:22PM by ScottM.
Re: Sierra's fall colors and snow posted by RichB October 14, 2008 01:41PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Scott,

I REALLY like this entire series. I think the snow was a blessing in disguise (sp?) Some great captures.

Rich
Re: Sierra's fall colors and snow posted by igorsv October 14, 2008 09:34PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Very nice. Having unexpected snow is a blessing for a photographer.
Re: Sierra's fall colors and snow posted by essablue October 15, 2008 03:29AM reply | quote
posted by essablue

Scott, you just don't have good luck with the weather do ya?:) (Yellowstone...)But great for photos though, I love the aspen and the second boat shots!

Kelly
Re: Sierra's fall colors and snow posted by ScottM October 15, 2008 03:40AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Thanks, Rich, Igor and Kelly. Kelly you are correct about my luck or lack of with the weather on recent trips. I still find something to shoot , I guess I have persistence.
Scott
Re: Sierra's fall colors and snow posted by BearWoodsDavid October 15, 2008 09:56PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Wonderful series and images, my favorite is the first one. It reminds me of standing at the base of El Cap in Yosemite and looking at the size of it. Thanks for sharing.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Sierra's fall colors and snow posted by themacguy2k October 16, 2008 12:23AM reply | quote
posted by themacguy2k

Great series! Love # 1.... something about symmetrical looking photos always gets me. And the snow flakes in # 2 add A LOT to the image especially how the LB makes that kind of circular pattern. Kinda looks like a snow storm on one side of the image and calm on the other. Very nice!

Nate

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today