Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

4 days ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

Nashville Night Shtos...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Nashville Night Shtos... posted by David Morel October 12, 2008 05:08AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Friday night I went to the Frist Center for the Arts here in Nashville for the opening of the George Eastman Collection Show. It was a very nice exhibit. After I tok some shots in the Frist and around downtown. Let me know what you think.

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: Nashville Night Shtos... posted by RichB October 12, 2008 07:16AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Nice series on night. #3 is my favorite with the lighted clock face.

Rich
Re: Nashville Night Shtos... posted by themacguy2k October 12, 2008 07:27AM reply | quote
posted by themacguy2k

Nice Series! Feels a bit Gothic in some shots. Really like #2 & #3. Good job!

Nate
Re: Nashville Night Shtos... posted by StacieHope October 12, 2008 08:15AM reply | quote
posted by StacieHope

#3 is amazing with the clock being so lit up. I really like the angle as well.
Re: Nashville Night Shtos... posted by kmac October 12, 2008 10:58AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Nice series David - liked the B&W images of 3 and 6.
Re: Nashville Night Shtos... posted by pro bono October 12, 2008 12:42PM reply | quote
posted by pro bono

Your image #2 is sublime, superb, stunning, splendid, standout, supreme and super-duper.
It's an absolutely riveting celebration of shapes and tones and textures and light, and it's perfectly composed as well (I suppose it had to be). Also terrific use of LB of course.

I can't think why everyone here's not raving about it, David. Maybe they are all just keeping their powder dry? Well, I think it's really a great image.

The other six shots are nice, and well made, but when I look at them I think, "Oh yes, that's the clock tower shot, or the hallway shot, or the bridge shot." They're good, but familiar.

But #2 is a revelation for me ... something I am seeing for the first time ever because of your vision, and something I don't expect to see again (except when I look at my Favorites). So thanks!
Re: Nashville Night Shtos... posted by Keithnc October 12, 2008 10:09PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

David,

Very nice shots, it is hard to pick a favorite, The clock is probably it. The way the face is lit up. I also like the first one, the way it is composed with the bridge close behind it as a fav.
Re: Nashville Night Shtos... posted by kudzu October 13, 2008 05:49AM reply | quote
posted by kudzu

They are all very, very nice. #5 is my favorite.
Re: Nashville Night Shtos... posted by paul morgan October 13, 2008 08:43AM reply | quote
posted by paul morgan

Two for me, love it.
Re: Nashville Night Shtos... posted by David Morel October 14, 2008 07:51AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Thank you all!

Pro Bono: I am pretty surprised by your reaction. I like the shot, but didn't expect anyone else to really think much of it. The two fountains were in the Frist Center at the entrance tot he bathrooms. I noticed the composition when my wife went in before we left. I am sure the people around us thought I was crazy shooting them! Thanks for the thoughts!

Keith...you talk about the bridge in the first one. What bridge? :-) That is the ceiling of the hallway exiting out of the Frist Museum! :-)

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today