Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

41 minutes ago by Bender

Re: Nice to Meet You Mr Bourdain

view post

New user in New Orleans.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

New user in New Orleans. posted by StacieHope October 11, 2008 08:08AM reply | quote
posted by StacieHope

I just got the lensbaby as a gift, and I decided to take it out in New Orleans to get to know it. It's a first attempt, so be kind!
Re: New user in New Orleans. posted by rickphoto October 11, 2008 08:32AM reply | quote
posted by rickphoto
Good use of the frame and color. The lensbaby effect is wonderfully subtle.
Re: New user in New Orleans. posted by BearWoodsDavid October 11, 2008 09:51AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Welcome and I think you have done extremely well especially for a first attempt. I can't wait to see more.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: New user in New Orleans. posted by RichB October 11, 2008 10:44AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Stacie,

A warm welcome to the Lensbaby forum. Your first shots are very nice. (Love the pumpkin shot!) Looking forward to more as you continue to work with your new Lensbaby.

Rich
Re: New user in New Orleans. posted by pro bono October 11, 2008 03:46PM reply | quote
posted by pro bono

Welcome here Stacie,

My advice is to try the new Lensbaby with no aperture discs in it at all. It will be frustrating and even disheartening at first, but I hope you'll soon find that that's where the magic is! I have to admit that I am biased ... I use my Lensbaby wide open all the time.

Your first two pics are both excellent. Even though I prefer more radical focus (or lack of focus) I can still appreciate technically nice images when I see them. But now ditch the discs & try something as far "out there" as you dare!
Re: New user in New Orleans. posted by ranfoto October 12, 2008 02:26AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Stacie .....Bending is what you make of it, sometimes we record just being out and about, as you have captured nicely in your first outing, later you'll discover the aRt of expressing yourself .....Paulo maybe be urging you on to that place of discovery a little sooner then maybe you are ready ?

Having fun and searching one's creative soul for possibilities is what I love.....but each to their own way be true !
Re: New user in New Orleans. posted by David Morel October 12, 2008 05:03AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Congrats. N'Awlins is a great city to bend in!

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: New user in New Orleans. posted by Keithnc October 12, 2008 10:20PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Nice shots and you have a great place to get out and take pictures.

I like your pumpkin shot.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today