Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

17 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Leaf abstractions in B&W

view post

A Dawgs and Hawgs Wedding

Newer Topic | Older Topic

A Dawgs and Hawgs Wedding posted by BearWoodsDavid October 10, 2008 10:02PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I photographed a unique wedding yesterday. It was a couple of Harley Davidson bikers, the groom being of Chippewa Indian descent, and witnessed by their dogs (boxers). It was a lot of fun. Parts of the ceremony were in conjunction with Chippewa traditions, so it was very informative too. Here are a few of the images that I have worked with so far. Thanks for looking.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: A Dawgs and Hawgs Wedding posted by igorsv October 10, 2008 10:15PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Very interesting story. I guess your main focus was on the bike. Great bending!

Igor.
Re: A Dawgs and Hawgs Wedding posted by BearWoodsDavid October 10, 2008 10:22PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I did do some of the couple with the LBs but I didn't get home until late last night and have more to shoot today. I hope to get more done tonight if I am not totally exhausted! But the bike was a large part of my focus with the LBs, yes.
David

David Akoubian

Re: A Dawgs and Hawgs Wedding posted by jbrunjes October 10, 2008 10:23PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

My local camera club is going into a Harley showroom after hours soon. This just makes me want to go more.
Joby
Re: A Dawgs and Hawgs Wedding posted by pro bono October 11, 2008 12:28AM reply | quote
posted by pro bono

I enjoy motorcycle photographs David, especially good detail shots like these ones you've posted. I particularly admire the second one featuring the lovely cylinder cooling fins with the discreet little stylised H-D logo. A nice celebration of Function & Form, well observed and captured by you with LB.

I'm afraid that I now can't resist posting this recent non-Harley shot of mine, only because I think the Function & Form essaythat goes with it will tease the Harley fans reading your thread. Apologies for briefly hijacking your thread and for being cheeky about Harleys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2008 12:28AM by pro bono.
Re: A Dawgs and Hawgs Wedding posted by RichB October 11, 2008 02:20AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Nice bending of those Harleys! I'll have to tell Greg to be sure to check out these shots.

Rich
Re: A Dawgs and Hawgs Wedding posted by BearWoodsDavid October 11, 2008 09:49AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Joby, Paulo, and Rich for looking and commenting. Great piece Paulo, thanks for putting a link. Rich, I did not know Greg was a biker dude. A bendy biker huh?
David

David Akoubian

Re: A Dawgs and Hawgs Wedding posted by RichB October 12, 2008 10:01AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Actually, Greg did have a Harley back in the late 1990s when he first got married. But the cost of raising a family meant good-bye to the Harley. And in a way, I'm glad cause I didn't want to see him part of a bendy bike (literally). :)

Rich
Re: A Dawgs and Hawgs Wedding posted by Keithnc October 12, 2008 10:13PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Nice shots, looks like an ad for Harleys. Well done.
Re: A Dawgs and Hawgs Wedding posted by Va girl October 13, 2008 01:51AM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

This sounds like a very interesting wedding to shoot... very nice images.

Pam
Re: A Dawgs and Hawgs Wedding posted by BearWoodsDavid October 13, 2008 09:47PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks all for commenting and looking. Yes Pam it was very interesting. It is the first wedding I have ever done that the entire front row was dogs, and they had to keep getting the "Pooper Scooper" out to clean the dance floor! Did I mention they were playing horse shoes at the reception?
David

David Akoubian

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today