Latest Post

14 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

evening collection

Newer Topic | Older Topic

evening collection posted by ngregoire October 10, 2008 11:42AM reply | quote
posted by ngregoire

here for review, comments, discussion is small selection from a couple of weeks back with my 3g. i don't really think there is anything exceptional here but it was fun playing with the lens for the first time. some have no real focal point at all - however maybe this is the strength of these photos. i think the theme here is extremely soft noise.... what do you think?

enjoy.

www.nathangregoire.com
Re: evening collection posted by jbrunjes October 10, 2008 10:28PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Nathan,
It appears that the white balance on your shots could be improved if you set your camera to tungsten. It will help eliminate the orange tint to the indoor shots. If you shot them in RAW then it is a quick fix. Focusing in low light is a challenge for me as well. Those darn people don't like to stand still long enough! Indoors I generally shoot the 3g wide open (2.0) or at 2.8.
Joby
Re: evening collection posted by ngregoire October 10, 2008 11:15PM reply | quote
posted by ngregoire

thanks for the tip on the tungsten setting - I always shoot raw so that is always an easy fix.

thanks!

www.nathangregoire.com
Re: evening collection posted by themacguy2k October 11, 2008 02:07AM reply | quote
posted by themacguy2k

I really like the soft noise idea... I also like the hard noise idea. I would love to see #2 in BW with a bit more noise. The LB really lends its self to BW because of that and I couldn't even imagine a BW photo with out some noise. Its all about having fun!

Nate
Re: evening collection posted by ngregoire October 11, 2008 04:36AM reply | quote
posted by ngregoire

a bw of #2...

www.nathangregoire.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today