Latest Post

13 hours ago by ebby62

Tiny Red Beetle

view post

LB and a Nikon D80

Newer Topic | Older Topic

LB and a Nikon D80 posted by Steve October 06, 2008 04:13AM reply | quote
posted by Steve
Hi all, as any one got any ideas on a problem I am having using the lensbaby 2 on a Nikon D80. I have set the focus mode to manual, the exposure to manual, I normaly use an hand held exposure meter. But when I come to take the photo the shutter will not fire, as any body come across this problem before.

Steve
Re: LB and a Nikon D80 posted by Darrell Marquette October 06, 2008 02:20PM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

If you set the selector wheel to M for manual, it should work. The shutter will not fire when the wheel is in any other position.
Re: LB and a Nikon D80 posted by Steve October 07, 2008 04:11AM reply | quote
posted by Steve
Hi Darrell, I have done that I have set every thing to manual that I can think of. I am in the UK so I sent an email to Intro2020 who are the distributers for the lensbaby in the UK. They say there is something in the custom settings to turn off for use with lens's that don't have electric contacts on them. I have not tried this yet as I have only just got the email, but I will check later. Thanks for the info though.

Steve
Re: LB and a Nikon D80 posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 07, 2008 08:10AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Steve, all I know is on my Canon 40D I have to set the camera to APERTURE priority to get "through the lens" metering to work. Perhaps you could try this setting - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: LB and a Nikon D80 posted by felixmartin October 09, 2008 02:22PM reply | quote
posted by felixmartin
Hi,

I regularly use my D80 w/LB 2.0 and have no issues as long as I do the manual setting.

Try resetting the camera and then make sure the selector is in manual.

-Felix
Re: LB and a Nikon D80 posted by 37degree October 09, 2008 07:19PM reply | quote
posted by 37degree
Did you use the pop up flash or any speed light ?
If you use pop up flash, try to set it to M.
If you use speed light, try to set it to M or A.
If you didn't use any flash at all, then I don't know any more......
Re: LB and a Nikon D80 posted by Steve October 12, 2008 03:38AM reply | quote
posted by Steve
Thanks to all who answered my problem, I have sorted it out now so am looking forward to getting to work with it.

Steve White LRPS
Re: LB and a Nikon D80 posted by felixmartin October 12, 2008 04:27AM reply | quote
posted by felixmartin
What was the issue? Just to know if we need to help somebody or we et stuck?

-F

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today