Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by CatGargoyle

Re: November walk

view post

Trip Down Memory Lane

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Trip Down Memory Lane posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 05, 2008 03:25AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

I happened upon this old rusting wreck while on a drive in the country early today. Used my Lensbaby 2.0 to capture it. No aperture was installed. I hope you enjoy this pic - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane posted by RichB October 05, 2008 04:43AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Jimmy,

Old wrecks can make beautiful images!

Rich
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane posted by ScottM October 05, 2008 05:10AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

one of my favorite subjects. Nice.
Scott
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 05, 2008 07:16AM reply | quote

Hey thanks Scott and Rich. Old cars and lensbabies ! !!

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane posted by pro bono October 05, 2008 09:12AM reply | quote
posted by pro bono

RichB
Jimmy,
Old wrecks can make beautiful images!
Rich

Yes they can. I'm an old wreck myself, so I should know ... not good to look at, but an interesting patina.
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane posted by igorsv October 05, 2008 10:01AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Great bending. The tilt angle became your trade mark.

Igor.
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 07, 2008 03:34AM reply | quote

You are only as old as you think you are Paulo!
Thanks Igor,don't know why but I usually end up tilting! - jimmy

Re: Trip Down Memory Lane posted by lokki October 07, 2008 10:52AM reply | quote
posted by lokki
I like that the angle and the direction of blur make it feel as if the car itself is remembering what it was like to go fast. Well, as fast as it could go =D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2008 10:53AM by lokki.
Re: Trip Down Memory Lane posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 08, 2008 05:36AM reply | quote

Hey thanks Scott, I think you could be right. I tried a new technique on this capture. I made a selection of the right side headlight and did a large SHARPEN. Then I made a new selection of half the grill that has detail and SHARPENED it half as much as the right headlight. I think these edits added interest to this otherwise out of focus capture. Thanks again - jimmy

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today