Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

15 minutes ago by ranfoto

Re: 63 Split Window Corvette

view post

Digital Impressionism

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Digital Impressionism posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 04, 2008 07:16AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

No.1 photo is titled "Every Dog has his day"(at the beach)

No.2 photo is titled "Beside the Lake" Captured with a Lensbaby 2.0 strolling the beach of the Great Lake Huron on this cold Fall morning. I hope you find these experiments interesting - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Digital Impressionism posted by pro bono October 04, 2008 08:01AM reply | quote
posted by pro bono

Well I sure find 'em interesting, Jimmy. I nearly always most admire images that have a figurative dimension ... images that challenge the viewer to make a contribution to the meaning and even to the success of the photograph. My view is that if I wanted to see what the world looks like, I can just see for myself (no camera required). I much prefer you to show me what it doesn't look like, or what it might have looked like. Your camera plus your imagination reveals that which would otherwise be hidden.

Of course, I'm still just a wee bit suspicious about that bird. But it might have been a bird, yes?

Anyway, I award 10/10 for these.
Re: Digital Impressionism posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 04, 2008 09:15AM reply | quote

Paulo,you and I think alike! Thank you for the 10/10. I don't think I would have given myself a 3/10. As well as photography you sure do have a talent for writing. Have you published any novels? If not you have missed your calling! That pesky bird always seems to get into the act!
Giday my friend - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Digital Impressionism posted by RichB October 04, 2008 11:20AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Jimmy,

Nice images -- well created.

Rich
Re: Digital Impressionism posted by igorsv October 04, 2008 08:47PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

I've got an impression there was a running bison in a prairie. Very impressionistic result.

Igor.
Re: Digital Impressionism posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 06, 2008 01:19AM reply | quote

Hey Rich and igor, thanks again for your replies. Just experiments ! - jimmy

Re: Digital Impressionism posted by OaklandWoody October 06, 2008 04:41AM reply | quote
posted by OaklandWoody

Both are really nice, but the second is really special
Re: Digital Impressionism posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 06, 2008 06:25AM reply | quote

Hey thanks Woody, I like N0.2 best myself - jimmy

Re: Digital Impressionism posted by themacguy2k October 06, 2008 02:31PM reply | quote
posted by themacguy2k

Very nice... the colors are great! Fantastic!

Nate
Re: Digital Impressionism posted by ranfoto October 06, 2008 03:09PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Jimbo......I feel that "Beside the Lake" is where the aRt of Bending has it's very special niche......a bit of Blending adds to the impression, but we the viewer don't have to know all the details to fully enjoy the the scene presented .
Re: Digital Impressionism posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 07, 2008 08:13AM reply | quote

Hi Ran and Nathan, thanks for your nice comments and thoughts. Much appreciated - jimmy

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today