Latest Post

52 minutes ago by CatGargoyle

Re: 2E245

view post

arachnophobes beware

Newer Topic | Older Topic

arachnophobes beware posted by ScottM October 02, 2008 10:10AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

found this guy on my patio when I got home. Leg tip to leg tip is probably 3.5 inches. Used the telephoto and +4 closeup lens. Had to place the old wood behind it otherwise it was an ugly stucco background.
Scott
Re: arachnophobes beware posted by RichB October 02, 2008 10:50AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Scott,

Brings back memories of when I was a youngster, and we saw those huge yellow/black spiders in the field behind our house. Nice capture.

Rich
Re: arachnophobes beware posted by ScottM October 02, 2008 11:01AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

thanks Rich, I've never seen one these guys before. Guess I will be keeping the screen door closed, its very close to the door.
Scott
Re: arachnophobes beware posted by BearWoodsDavid October 02, 2008 11:05AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Very nicely done. This coming from an arachnophobe. This guy is one of the ones I tolerate though, the Black and Yellow Argiope spider. Thanks for sharing.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: arachnophobes beware posted by ScottM October 02, 2008 11:09AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

just read about this guy David. Unfortunately according to a website they eat the web at night and rebuild one the next day, I was hoping to get some shots tomorrow with better light. Oh well

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today