Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

10 hours ago by PBlais

Sweet 50 with marco rings

view post

Dragonfly close-up...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Dragonfly close-up... posted by Duh_Vinci September 28, 2008 05:43AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

I have not had to shoot much in the recent month, but had a pleasure to do absolutely nothing today, so I took 2.0 for a walk, with added +4 Hoya filter...

C&C always welcome!

Regards,
D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2008 05:44AM by Duh_Vinci.
Re: Dragonfly close-up... posted by RichB September 28, 2008 05:53AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

D,

Wow! What great warm colors, and super focus on the dragonfly's head. Golden!

Rich
Re: Dragonfly close-up... posted by BearWoodsDavid September 28, 2008 07:46AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Awesome image, just wonderful.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Dragonfly close-up... posted by Kath September 28, 2008 08:31AM reply | quote
posted by Kath

D,

This is pure magic! Love the sharp detail you captured, and the blur on the wings. A new favorite for me.

Kathleen

www.kathleenclemonsphotography.com
[www.ppsop.com]

My blog: [kathleenclemons.blogspot.com]
Re: Dragonfly close-up... posted by Duh_Vinci September 28, 2008 10:20AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Rich, David and Kathleen,

Thank you very much for the kind words, much appreciated! Though I must say, dragonfly was a good poser!

Regards,
D
Re: Dragonfly close-up... posted by susabell September 28, 2008 10:21AM reply | quote
posted by susabell

The effects of the lensbaby works perfectly to give a sense of movement of the wings. Love it!
Susan
Re: Dragonfly close-up... posted by Keithnc September 28, 2008 09:45PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Great picture, nice detail. I wish I could get close to Dragonfly before it takes off.

Very Good.
Re: Dragonfly close-up... posted by shurla5 September 29, 2008 01:01AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

That is Great! I have done some dragon fly macro shots but this is by far the best I have seen with the lensbaby.
Re: Dragonfly close-up... posted by themacguy2k September 29, 2008 10:26AM reply | quote
posted by themacguy2k

WOW... i like it a lot... the whole thing looks like a painting.

Nate
Re: Dragonfly close-up... posted by Duh_Vinci October 01, 2008 09:43AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Susan, Keith, Shurla and Macguy - kindly thank you for your comments and taking your time to look at it!

Regards,
D
Re: Dragonfly close-up... posted by Daifuku Sensei October 01, 2008 11:22PM reply | quote
posted by Daifuku Sensei
Absolutely stunning! Superb macro work, hope to see more.

Your use of the 'Baby really adds to the feeling that she'll soon fly off somewhere!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 11:23PM by Daifuku Sensei.
Re: Dragonfly close-up... posted by crfrey71 October 02, 2008 01:00AM reply | quote
posted by crfrey71

Great stealth skills to get a great close-up!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today