Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

18 hours ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

beginning photgrafer, lensbaby or regular lens?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

beginning photgrafer, lensbaby or regular lens? posted by mister-east August 05, 2014 09:44PM reply | quote
posted by mister-east
Hi my name is joost,

I realy want to be a photgrafer when i'm older, but Its hard to focus with my canon 550D and i wonder if Its easy(er) to start using a lensbaby. I've seen a few pictures on this forum, and it looks to me like there is always a part of the picture thats blurred to make the part thats in focus seem more beautiful.

Is a lensbaby more advanced than my regular zoom lens (efs 55-250mm),
or Can i build my way up from lensbaby to my zoom lens?

Have a nice day,
Re: beginning photgrafer, lensbaby or regular lens? posted by CatGargoyle August 05, 2014 09:57PM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

If you are new to photography or just starting out, learn to use your camera first. Then try a lensbaby. If you are having a hard time focusing with a regular lens, the lensbaby will be harder. The fact that part of the lensbaby image is blurred/out of focus & you are already taking blurred photos will not make your images look better.

The best advice anyone can give you is learn the 3 basics of photography first. Aperture, shutter & ISO. The more you practice the better you will become. THEN get a lensbaby & allow your creative side to flow.

Cat
Re: beginning photgrafer, lensbaby or regular lens? posted by mister-east August 06, 2014 05:48AM reply | quote
posted by mister-east
I'v bin taking pictures since i was a teenager, but the pictures i took where only to keep the memory. I never took them to see what my camera could Do, and with my canon 550d is that the same. Most of my pictures look nice (on the display of my camera) but when i look at them on a full HD computer or tv, they are blurred.

Last week i was in the south of france and i started playing with the aperture while i was taking pictures of the sunset and i think i'm getting the hang of it. But i Do need a lott more practice.
Re: beginning photgrafer, lensbaby or regular lens? posted by CatGargoyle August 06, 2014 09:50PM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

Thats all it takes. I also have been taking pictures since I was a teenager ... that was a very long time ago & I still can take a blurry image :) Practice the 3 basics & have fun.
Cat

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today