Latest Post

38 seconds ago by oliver tudoras

Re: tear drop

view post

All That Remains

Newer Topic | Older Topic

All That Remains posted by Lorna Taylor February 12, 2014 05:00AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

I am always a little torn when I photograph an abandoned house.
Part of me is excited with the unknown ,as I am a huge history buff the thought of finding some relic of the past fills me with a large sense of wonderful adventure to explore their shatter remains.
The broken windows and doors beckon me in as she lays herself bare to my curiosity.
Once inside the only sound is the whisper of the wind along the walls of rooms that once knew life and laughter and I feel a deep sadness for her seemingly forgotten and lonely state.
So I spend a few moments with her reveling in her decaying beauty and snap a few shots so she knows she is not forgotten and her age has made her far more beautiful to my admiring eyes.

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: All That Remains posted by TG-J (Admin) February 12, 2014 02:33PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Nice Lorna, I love old houses, our house is 119 yrs old , that is pretty old for an Oz house. tony
Re: All That Remains posted by Ol' Don February 13, 2014 07:52AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

I understand your feelings. I often shoot old abandoned houses and find myself wondering about the people who once lived there. What they were like, whatever happened to them.

A rather sobering hobby. Nice capture. I like the miniature effect.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today