Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

13 hours ago by moonske

Edge80 - Hasselt

view post

The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread

Newer Topic | Older Topic

The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread posted by Mike Bokeh September 04, 2013 02:04AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

Hello, everybody.

Here's my idea: This is a thread in which all of us Lensbaby photographers can post all of our Autumn shots.

This way, all those great fall photos won't be all over the place, and it will make them much easier to view.

Post your colorful changing leaves photos, along with any other images which instantly tell the viewer that the photo was taken during that wonderful time between summer's end, and the beginning of winter.

I love the autumn.

I'm in Queens County, New York, USA, not far from JFK airport. The leaves around here don't seem to start turning until mid-October, so I may not have anything
to post for a while, but those in Canada, and other higher latitudes may have something to add now.

I think this could turn into a mega-thread, and the more, the merrier.

What do you say, guys and gals?

Mike

Lensbabies make you think.
Re: The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread posted by Kirsten (Admin) September 04, 2013 09:27AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Sounds great! I'm in. Hopefully not for a few weeks though!

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread posted by ranfoto September 04, 2013 01:27PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Out testing a new "Vintage" optic adapted to my Focus Front Composer .

Kirsten cleaned out the discontinued adapters and let me purchase a bunch of them to make my own optic swap adapted creations .

Camera body used was a mirrorless Sony NEX 7, with Tilt Transposer / Focus Front and Zeiss 50mm 2.8 Tessar 5.6 aperture .

I'll post an image of the Vintage optic on another topic page.
Re: The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread posted by Mike Bokeh September 16, 2013 02:38AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

It's been almost two weeks since I started this thread, but there are no changing leaves to be seen in my area, but this is no surprise, as it's still early in the season here in New York City.

Here's an interesting link that I think you'll all like.
[www.foliagenetwork.com]

Mike

Re: The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread posted by Outback September 22, 2013 05:33AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

It's been too dry and warm for Autumn to be in a hurry this year so I am adding a few from last Fall.

These were all shot with a Canon 60D with the Composer DGO probably with a F4.0 aperture disk.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2013 05:37AM by Outback.
Re: The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread posted by Mike Bokeh September 30, 2013 01:47AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

OK, we've got some good shots here so far.

I don't have any leaf photos yet, but here's one I took on Governor's Island yesterday. I think it has an Autumn feel.

American Autumn porch.

Lensbaby 3-G @ f2.8.

Post-processed in camera, and in lightroom.

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2013 01:49AM by Mike Bokeh.
Re: The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread posted by Kirsten (Admin) November 07, 2013 03:04AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

A damp stroll in the Columbia River Gorge

Kirsten Hunter

Re: The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread posted by Outback November 07, 2013 03:49AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Kirsten, where was the waterfall located? I have a family member living on the Columbia and waterfalls are a passion of mine.

Thanks - j
Re: The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread posted by Kirsten (Admin) November 07, 2013 07:54AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

These are of Latourelle Falls and the view from Crown Point

Kirsten Hunter

Re: The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread posted by Mike Bokeh November 10, 2013 01:47AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

Very nice shots, Kristen.

I have to get busy taking some photos of my own; after all, I started this thread.

Mike

Re: The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread posted by Outback November 12, 2013 12:49PM reply | quote
posted by Outback

What an amazing day. I was watching salmon spawn in a local stream this afternoon in between downpours. While taking refuge from one of the squalls, I stepped into an open air picnic area that was buried in Autumn leaves... how could I not shoot for this thread?

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)
Re: The Lensbaby Love Of Autumn Thread posted by Mike Bokeh January 11, 2014 10:13AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

Hello, all.

I want to thank those who posted in this thread.

I had intended to post a lot of photos myself, but it just didn't work out that way. All we can do is try, right?

Cheers,
Mike

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today