Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

51 minutes ago by stinamarie27

Playing in the rain

view post

Plastic Optic + Star Aperture = Magic

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Plastic Optic + Star Aperture = Magic posted by John-Morgan August 17, 2013 03:13AM reply | quote
posted by John-Morgan

After falling out of love with photography for awhile, the Lensbaby renewed my passion. This is one of the things I like best about the system, it gets you to see old and familiar things anew, igniting new paths to creativity and, more generally, passion.

I've taken to choosing a different optic/aperture combination each day on my walks at golden hour to see what they produce. Here is an example: A perfectly ordinary small rose. Shooting with conventional lenses will produce a nice enough image but nothing that has not been seen a zillion times before. Shooting with the plastic optic and star aperture produces magic.

Best,

John

Flickr: http:www.flickr.com/aidanmorgan
Re: Plastic Optic + Star Aperture = Magic posted by John-Morgan August 17, 2013 03:17AM reply | quote
posted by John-Morgan

Here's another example. These lilies are growing in a crummy little spot near an electric grate. They can be easily passed by unnoticed. But pay attention and you are rewarded handsomely.
Other settings posted by John-Morgan August 17, 2013 03:24AM reply | quote
posted by John-Morgan

Here are the same lilies as my preceding post, but with double glass and the snowflake aperture. The effect is completely different, but still interesting.

I love the surprise element to shooting with the Lensbaby. When I upload a day's shooting into my PC, it's like opening presents on Christmas morning.

Layers of Lilies by John-Morgan, on Flickr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 03:25AM by John-Morgan.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today