Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

17 hours ago by Victoria Bell

Re: The Beach

view post

So I tried something with bubbles and the creative discs.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

So I tried something with bubbles and the creative discs. posted by beyond_Life July 10, 2013 06:50AM reply | quote
posted by beyond_Life
A few days ago I bought my daughter a bubble gun. You know them, those little guns with a fan inside and you shoot bubbles with it. I asked he to shoot them upwards, towards the sun. She hesitated a little but after she had seen the pictures she wanted to try all of the creative discs.

For anyone who wants to try this, I have a few tips.

- Do not try to get the bubbles in to focus. A little wind makes sure you will fail. I used my Double Glass in the composer pro and turned it all the way to complete unsharp. got me the best result.
- Have a kid around who loves bubbles and likes to help out :p
- Try to get a colorfull background. I had some little colored flags hanging in the garden, leftovers from birthdays. They worked well. With other pictures I had bright colored toys from my son on the green grass. Worked well too.
- Get some good gluey type of soap. Not the thin soap, the thick one. The thicker, the better. It will create the oily type of shine on the bubbles.
- Dont shoot straight at the sun, keep it at an angle. If you can get a 90 degree angle at the sun, try holding your fingers between the sun and your lensbaby. It will create all sorts of rays of flair into the optic.

Try www.wiggersrobert.nl. It's so much fun!
Re: So I tried something with bubbles and the creative discs. posted by Kirsten (Admin) July 10, 2013 08:33AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Looks like a fun time! Great shots.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: So I tried something with bubbles and the creative discs. posted by Lorna Taylor July 10, 2013 11:41PM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Fantastic, looks like great fun !

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today