Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

antique viewfinder experiment

Newer Topic | Older Topic

antique viewfinder experiment posted by photosnod February 24, 2013 07:07AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

sweet 35 16mm macro converter and two antique cameras
Re: antique viewfinder experiment posted by Lorna Taylor February 24, 2013 08:32AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Very cool, now you have planted ideas in my head !!!

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: antique viewfinder experiment posted by sr patife February 24, 2013 05:16PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

nice ones
Re: antique viewfinder experiment posted by CatGargoyle February 25, 2013 09:27AM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

photosnod,
Quite the original idea! Keep up the work.
Cat
Re: antique viewfinder experiment posted by photosnod February 26, 2013 03:21AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

thanks all, I am trying to be original and every time i think I am it has been done I think someone else on this forum has done this as well. thanks again for the comments and the support!
Re: antique viewfinder experiment posted by Victoria Bell March 07, 2013 09:01AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Interesting idea....you should take it even further, with more lens layers. Nice processing too.

My Flickr Photostream
Re: antique viewfinder experiment posted by photosnod March 09, 2013 02:22PM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

no processing, these are all straight shots just focused on the viewfinder of the old cameras and got the effects from the dust and scratches from them.
well i guess i did turn a couple into black and white
Re: antique viewfinder experiment posted by ranfoto May 08, 2013 07:57AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

TTV...Through the viewfinder, is an old technique that was very popular here in the early days .

It had a bit of a cult following for a while, it's very fun to do and everyone should give it a go .

Before the Composer came into being, it was quite the trick to focus using the Lensbaby bellows on the viewfinder of the second camera if hand holding both cameras .

Constructing a black out tube to cover the viewfinder helps preserve the contrast and is helpful for shaper focus.

A sort of return to the early days of large format camera shooting without the upside down image to deal with !
Re: antique viewfinder experiment posted by ranfoto May 08, 2013 08:07AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

[lensbaby.com]

I found this old post that I used TTV and the old ratted out twin lens I used for some fun imaging .

http://lensbaby.com/forum/read.php?1,119219

I hope one of these links works ?
Re: antique viewfinder experiment posted by chasmcn May 08, 2013 03:57PM reply | quote
posted by chasmcn
great work
Re: antique viewfinder experiment posted by ranfoto May 17, 2013 03:42PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

For those folks interested check out Russ Morris on his journey into using the viewfinder ....Russ has an interesting gallery of work here and also on flicker.

The link : http://www.russmorris.com/ttv/

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today