Latest Post

2 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

edge 80 addiction

Newer Topic | Older Topic

edge 80 addiction posted by sr patife February 21, 2013 06:37PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hello, few miniatures and others i have done lately with the great Edge 80.
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by Garr8 February 22, 2013 12:58AM reply | quote
posted by Garr8

Very impressive set. My favs are #2 and #4. Thanks for sharing.

Regards, J
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by sr patife February 22, 2013 05:54AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

thank you Garr8.
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by Mamaoval February 23, 2013 12:23AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

What a fun little world. . .Expertly portrayed with the perfect optic!

Sydney
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by sr patife February 23, 2013 03:23AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

thanks Mamaoval
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by Lorna Taylor February 24, 2013 08:33AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Great shots !

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by sr patife February 24, 2013 05:16PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

thanks Lorna Taylor
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by cmpotts February 24, 2013 09:52PM reply | quote
posted by cmpotts

These are lovely!! Great work!

Carina Potts
Flickr | Facebook | Redbubble
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by sr patife February 26, 2013 06:55AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

thank you very much Carina for your words.
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by enghell February 28, 2013 09:36PM reply | quote
posted by enghell

Nice. Like number 9 and 11 the best.
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by sr patife February 28, 2013 11:31PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

thanks enghell for your reply
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by Victoria Bell March 07, 2013 08:35AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Awesome miniatures! How far away were you, and what sensor size?

My Flickr Photostream
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by sr patife March 07, 2013 11:19PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

thanks for your comment Victoria. the sensor is APC-S of a Canon 550D. regarding the distance, its variable on the above shots. but i would say, minimum 100 meters, to 500 meters. for example photo #1 i was 100 meters from the aeroplane, on 4th 6th and 12th i was around 500 meters from the subject, on the 10th i was 580 vertically above from those agricultural fields.

From my experience i would say the best distance is at least 300 meters and a horizontal slice.
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by Victoria Bell March 08, 2013 03:46AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

I was wondering about the sensor as I don't have a ff. I've done some minatures, and on a crop sensor it does seem as if one must have a good deal of distance to make an effective mini. Of course you are correct in pointing out that the actual subject size is part of the equation. I do love these.

My Flickr Photostream
Re: edge 80 addiction posted by sr patife March 08, 2013 05:08AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

thanks Victoria. i do agree it depends a bit of the geography of the place you are shoting. I wish i could test the edge 80 at a skyscrape pointing straight down to the street... maybe one day.
By the way Victoria, do you also notice, that when you tilt up the image turns out more bright and if tilted down the image is more dark (or is it the other way around...cant really remember)? i have to adjust shutter speed to balance that out. maybe it has to do with the angle light hits the sensor inside the camera body probably.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today