Latest Post

11 hours ago by Fastback67

Re: The Lutheran Home

view post

first Edge 80 shots

Newer Topic | Older Topic

first Edge 80 shots posted by sr patife January 27, 2013 02:39PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

Just bought the Edge 80, being a lensbaby lover for two years (its 90% on my camera body), this clearly exceeded my expectation by far. Its just outstanding! still learning how to use it better, but i love it even more than the other optic i own. the bokeh is amazing.

also bough the macro converters, sadly i cant use them, while unwrapping the package for first use i detected that one of the macro converters is broken on one of the three attachments, check the photos of it in this link (this is probably due to shipping or left the factory like this, a bit of sponge foam in between the macros would avoid this i guess, inside the shipping package there was air bags, so it was properly protected, i assume this has to do with the lensbaby container and the space left in between the two macro converters). Contacted the seller last friday when i received the package and no feedback yet, hope he sends a new one, because this all situation is a bummer, i have it right there but cant use it. hope this all sorts out well, cuz i didnt even use it. And will probably have to wait another 2 ou 3 weeks to get a new one :(.

Also how do you guys store the Edge 80 inside the plastic container? with the lens cap downwards or upwords? its kinda scary to store it in such a tight space (or maybe im just scared after seeing the improper container for the macro converters :( ).

anyway, heres some of the first shots i took with the edge 80 (which i wish i could be able to use the macro converters). The first one was done with the double glass optic and the old 10+4 macro kit.

Also installed Magic Lantern in my Canon 550 (following the advice from someone who posted it here, sorry cant remember who) and that is just GREAT to use with Lensbaby, the focus peak on the live view is sick to assure you are sharp while shooting. and theres tons of other useful functions (im actual regret that i bought a grip with a intervalometer two years ago, since Magic Lantern allows to use a intervalometer inside the cam). totally recommend it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 04:18PM by sr patife.
Re: first Edge 80 shots posted by bigtalljohn January 28, 2013 05:22AM reply | quote
posted by bigtalljohn

#7 is outstanding, closely followed by #5, I'm slightly biased as I love lensbaby in an almost classic landscape style

[bigtalljohn.co.uk]

Do I care enough, or do I care too much to handle failure.
Re: first Edge 80 shots posted by sr patife January 28, 2013 05:37AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

thanks for the feedback John. Actually i was kinda reluctant to post those in here and at flickr (on post processing, kinda felt they were nothing special), but people dig it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2013 07:50AM by sr patife.
Re: first Edge 80 shots posted by Mamaoval January 30, 2013 11:16AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

You have an eye for composition and mood, sr patife. The light-hearted Lego Man makes me smile, (and 8 and 9 make me go 'Wow')!

Sydney
Re: first Edge 80 shots posted by LensbabyLovers January 30, 2013 03:05PM reply | quote
posted by LensbabyLovers
nice shot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2013 03:05PM by LensbabyLovers.
Re: first Edge 80 shots posted by sr patife January 30, 2013 03:42PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

Mamaoval
You have an eye for composition and mood, sr patife. The light-hearted Lego Man makes me smile, (and 8 and 9 make me go 'Wow')!
thanks for your kind words Mamaoval.
Re: first Edge 80 shots posted by Victoria Bell January 31, 2013 01:21AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

6 and 7 are outstanding

My Flickr Photostream
Re: first Edge 80 shots posted by sr patife January 31, 2013 09:30AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

Victoria Bell
6 and 7 are outstanding
thank you very much Victoria.
Re: first Edge 80 shots posted by sr patife January 31, 2013 11:51AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

heres two more done today

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today