Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 hours ago by PBlais

Re: Wedding moments 2

view post

First Images with the Lensbaby Spark

Newer Topic | Older Topic

First Images with the Lensbaby Spark posted by Samurai Photographer October 05, 2012 04:19AM reply | quote
I have a Composer Pro, the Muse and a Scout, but I couldn't resist giving the new Lensbaby Spark a try. It took me a while to get back in the swing of bending and pulling to focus, but after a few minutes, I started getting some acceptable images. This is a fun little lens, one that I shall use for a change of pace when I want to be more in the moment and at one with my camera, lens and subject. Well done Lensbaby. This is the perfect lens for somebody who wants to dip their toe into the shallow end of the Lensbaby pool. But I can almost guarantee that anybody who starts using the Spark will want to investigate the other wonderful bodies and optics in the Lensbaby line.

These images were created during an early morning walkabout at a local marina I've photographed many times before.

Doug Plus Rox Photography
Doug Plus Rox Facebook page

Doug Sahlin
Author of Mastering the Lensbaby: A step-by-step guide to mastering the Lensbaby and becoming a more creative photographer.The book is available at the Amazon Kindle store. to find out more about the book or to download a sample chapter, click here: [amzn.to]
Re: First Images with the Lensbaby Spark posted by oliver tudoras October 05, 2012 04:20AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

very nice set

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: First Images with the Lensbaby Spark posted by Samurai Photographer October 05, 2012 04:21AM reply | quote
Thanks Oliver

Doug Sahlin
Author of Mastering the Lensbaby: A step-by-step guide to mastering the Lensbaby and becoming a more creative photographer.The book is available at the Amazon Kindle store. to find out more about the book or to download a sample chapter, click here: [amzn.to]
Re: First Images with the Lensbaby Spark posted by Shatzie7 October 05, 2012 11:54PM reply | quote
posted by Shatzie7

Really great. I love shots with water reflections.

Shatzie Wardall
Celtic Light Photography
[www.etsy.com]
Re: First Images with the Lensbaby Spark posted by esmond October 06, 2012 09:42AM reply | quote
posted by esmond
great B&W shots, nice contrast. my fave is #2
Re: First Images with the Lensbaby Spark posted by Samurai Photographer October 06, 2012 09:47AM reply | quote
Thanks for the positive comment Shatzie

Doug Sahlin
Re: First Images with the Lensbaby Spark posted by Samurai Photographer October 06, 2012 09:47AM reply | quote
Thank you.
Re: First Images with the Lensbaby Spark posted by Samurai Photographer October 07, 2012 03:37AM reply | quote
Thanks, Esmond

Doug Sahlin
Re: First Images with the Lensbaby Spark posted by lunapix October 08, 2012 03:08AM reply | quote
posted by lunapix
Awesome images! How did you find the handling of the Spark, pros and cons?
Re: First Images with the Lensbaby Spark posted by Samurai Photographer October 08, 2012 04:24AM reply | quote
I think the Spark handles well. You need to get used to doing a four-finger ballet to achieve focus and move the sweet spot of focus to the desired position in the frame. Of course it's no substitute for the Composer or Composer Pro, but if you have no Lensbaby equipment, it's a great way to start.

Doug Plus Rox Photography
Doug Plus Rox Facebook Page

Doug Sahlin

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today