Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 days ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

Wanted: Pics using Fish-Eye using new Macro kit...before I buy:)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Wanted: Pics using Fish-Eye using new Macro kit...before I buy:) posted by intenseblue October 04, 2012 01:52AM reply | quote
posted by intenseblue
If you have taken pictures using the Fish-Eye, and the new Macro kit, please direct me to your photos. I really want to see them, to evaluate the quality, and determine if the Macro kit is worth the purchase. I have looked at the Edge 80 pics, and like those, so may buy it anyway, but there are no pics by Lensbaby.com posted. Also, I would like your opinions about using the macro kit...ease, value, etc. So far, all I have read are negative postings.
Re: Wanted: Pics using Fish-Eye using new Macro kit...before I buy:) posted by Kirsten (Admin) October 04, 2012 04:38AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Hi Marisa,

The Fisheye optic alone offers a really close focusing distance (.5"). There are some full frame sample images in the Fisheye galleries. Let me know if you want to see some crop sensor images. The Fisheye Optic is the only optic where you see a big difference between full frame and crop sensor cameras. Also, we have 2 macro products. The Macro Kit gives you 37 mm threaded lenses that screw onto 5 of the optics (Double, Single, Plastic, Pinhole, and Soft Focus.) The Macro Converters are more like extension tubes. They go between the optic and the Lensbaby and they work with all the optics. Please e-mail me at Kirsten @ Lensbaby.com if you have further questions.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: Wanted: Pics using Fish-Eye using new Macro kit...before I buy:) posted by intenseblue October 04, 2012 05:13AM reply | quote
posted by intenseblue
Thanks, Kirsten. I've used the Fish-Eye, and LOVE it. I must have misread the Lensbaby website. I thought it said the macro kit could be used with the Fish-eye too. I will still buy the kit, because of the Edge 80, and my Double glass. Now you need to come up with two more macro converters for the original two:) I LOVE shooting macro!
Re: Wanted: Pics using Fish-Eye using new Macro kit...before I buy:) posted by Kirsten (Admin) October 05, 2012 05:54AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Hi Marisa,

I sent you an e-mail. Again the Macro Kit works with the 37 mm threaded optics: Double Glass, Single Glass, Plastic, Pinhole, and Soft Focus. The Macro Converters work with all optics.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: Wanted: Pics using Fish-Eye using new Macro kit...before I buy:) posted by intenseblue October 05, 2012 09:02AM reply | quote
posted by intenseblue
Thank you so much for your help. Today I used my double glass with one macro, and shot a baby gecko in my grandson's hand.Just so gorgeous, and sweet. I can not tell you how much I love the Lensbabies! I think they are the most wonderful invention in the world.

I am still working hard to master the Edge 80. I push it beyond it's limits, because I am not that interested in portrait photography, and much more interested in edgy art photography.
However, next Monday, I will be on the Central Coast of CA, and will be using it extensively to shoot (hopefully) very sharp pictures of volcanic formations on cliffs and rocks on the coastlines.

I am borrowing my friend's Fish-Eye (she is the one who introduced me to Lensbabies, and has her own page here). She is so generous:) I hope I don't drench it when I hang over the edges of tide pools, which I fully intend to do!

Thanks again.

Marisa

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today