Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

24 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Fisheye Star Trails

view post

Down The Garden Path

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Down The Garden Path posted by lightchasr September 27, 2012 12:45AM reply | quote
posted by lightchasr

I love flowers, trees and other plants. This means that I gravitate toward fields of wildflowers, formal gardens, nursery centers and nature spots. I love using the various soft focus apertures (the ones with the holes) on the Double, Single & Plastic Optics when shooting certain subjects as I love the texture effect caused by spectral highlights that can add interest to the images.

[dougplusrox.com]
www.facebook.com/dougplusrox
Re: Down The Garden Path posted by Caroline September 27, 2012 02:14AM reply | quote
posted by Caroline

Oh, I love #7!!

Caroline,

New Lensbaby owner and avid photo blogger:

www.lovestandsstill.com
Re: Down The Garden Path posted by Shatzie7 September 27, 2012 02:14AM reply | quote
posted by Shatzie7

I love them all, but the last one is my favorite. I really like the soft focus on it.

Shatzie Wardall
Celtic Light Photography
[www.etsy.com]
Re: Down The Garden Path posted by lightchasr September 27, 2012 11:59AM reply | quote
posted by lightchasr

Thank you Caroline! I hope that you are enjoying your new Lensbaby. It's my most used camera gear

[dougplusrox.com]
Re: Down The Garden Path posted by lightchasr September 27, 2012 12:01PM reply | quote
posted by lightchasr

Thanks so much Shatzie. That rose was one of my favorites to shoot-all of the beautiful colors draw me like magnets.

[dougplusrox.com]
Re: Down The Garden Path posted by Reikemareike September 29, 2012 04:12PM reply | quote
posted by Reikemareike

I love all of them, they are all very special and amazong, but the b&w is my favorite!

[www.blipfoto.com]
Re: Down The Garden Path posted by Mamaoval September 29, 2012 11:18PM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

A beautiful series, Doug, (and explaining how you use the soft-optic apertures on the Double, Single and Plastic optics is so helpful: I just discovered a new, cool trick)! I like the 3rd photo, best because the reflection of the aperture adds interest.

Sydney
Re: Down The Garden Path posted by lightchasr September 30, 2012 11:11AM reply | quote
posted by lightchasr

Thanks Sydney. The image you like was one where the path itself way rather shady & there was quite a bit of sun spilling through the trees toward the end. I metered off of the medium green of the plants to the side and then focused on my sweet spot. I knew I was going to see a bit of a wonky looking histogram-normal with a small right side spike from the sunlight but I knew that the holes in the soft focus aperture would create some interesting patterns-or so I hoped! Thank you for the feedback!
Roxanne

[dougplusrox.com]
Re: Down The Garden Path posted by lightchasr September 30, 2012 11:17AM reply | quote
posted by lightchasr

Thank you Reikemareike! I love creating color images but a huge part of my heart belongs to black & white as that was the prime medium I used when I worked as a commercial artist. I like how it breaks an image down to the basics of composition, tone & texture. There are times that I take a shot & I love the comp but the colors create confusion instead of harmony & when converted to black & white it all comes together. Thank you very much for commenting. Roxanne

[dougplusrox.com]
Re: Down The Garden Path posted by lunapix October 02, 2012 07:10PM reply | quote
posted by lunapix
Great pictures lightchasr!. My favorite ones are no 5 and 9

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today