Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

25 minutes ago by RichB

Fisheye Star Trails

view post

Trip To Seattle & Maui

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Trip To Seattle & Maui posted by Fgelormini August 27, 2012 09:04PM reply | quote
posted by Fgelormini

This was the first time I decided to use my Sweet 35 as my go to lens for everything I shot while on vacation. It was great to come back with shots that were not the "typical" vacation photos. Hope you enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2012 09:07PM by Fgelormini.
Re: Trip To Seattle & Maui posted by Samurai Photographer August 27, 2012 10:08PM reply | quote
I like the third image the best. The second images is good as well, but watch the placement of the horizon line. You placed the horizon line smack dab in the middle of the image, which confuses viewers. They see a pretty landscape, but have no idea what part of the image you think is the most important. If the sky piqued your curiosity, place the horizon line in the lower part of the image, which give more visual mass to the sky, or vice versa if you want to draw attention to the land mass.

Doug Sahlin
Author of Mastering the Lensbaby: A step-by-step guide to mastering the Lensbaby and becoming a more creative photographer.The book is available at the Amazon Kindle store. to find out more about the book or to download a sample chapter, click here: [amzn.to]
Re: Trip To Seattle & Maui posted by Fgelormini August 27, 2012 10:26PM reply | quote
posted by Fgelormini

Hey Doug - thanks for the feedback and catching that before I went to print! Its a fussy crop since either way i slice it i loose land mass and distortion- I just fixed to crop to 16x9 (which makes it the third photo now). Hope that helps.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2012 10:35PM by Fgelormini.
Re: Trip To Seattle & Maui posted by Bazalf August 29, 2012 11:53PM reply | quote
posted by Bazalf
People only tell me do not put the horizon in the centre, but never explain to me why.
Learn a new thing. :)

And I like the last picture.
Can I ask, is the colour a post processing effect? Or this is how the image was recorded in the camera?
Re: Trip To Seattle & Maui posted by ErikaP3 August 30, 2012 05:24AM reply | quote
posted by ErikaP3
Love the market shot!!!!
Re: Trip To Seattle & Maui posted by Fgelormini August 30, 2012 09:05AM reply | quote
posted by Fgelormini

Thanks Bazalf and Erika!
Bazalf, to answer your question. I wish that was out of camera but admittedly, it's post.
All the best to you both.
Re: Trip To Seattle & Maui posted by Fgelormini August 30, 2012 09:05AM reply | quote
posted by Fgelormini

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2012 10:47AM by Fgelormini.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today