Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

18 hours ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

Zone plate on a stroll

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Zone plate on a stroll posted by Reikemareike July 14, 2012 03:36AM reply | quote
posted by Reikemareike

The second time I took the zone plate out. Must admit, didn't like it so much the first time but now happy enough with the results.

[www.blipfoto.com]
Re: Zone plate on a stroll posted by kencas July 14, 2012 02:11PM reply | quote
posted by kencas

Hi there,

You know, I really really like these! I have only just picked up the Optic Kit last week and want to get out and get some shots, and yours just make me want to get them even more!

Silly question though - is this SOOC or did you do some processing on them (especially the second)?

Hooroo,

Ken.

COME TO THE DARK SIDE OF LENSBABY - we have cookies!!!
Re: Zone plate on a stroll posted by Reikemareike July 15, 2012 05:25AM reply | quote
posted by Reikemareike

Hey Ken!
The pics with the zone plate come out very soft and dreamy. For these I liked to make them a bit more dramatic and used Snapseed.

[www.blipfoto.com]
Re: Zone plate on a stroll posted by Outback July 15, 2012 05:52AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Reikemareike,

Thanks for posting these! The ZP/PH is the one LB optic that I have had zero luck with to date. I like the results of others but personal success eludes me. I just cannot seem to focus it with any consistancy.

If you don't mind, would you please walk me through how you set up these shots? Time of day, ISO, rocus, Live View or viewfinder, tripod, etc. Frankly, I'd like to pirate as much information as you can give me to reproduce something for a baseline then work up from there.

Details would be very helpful. Thanks mate!

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)
Re: Zone plate on a stroll posted by Coco July 15, 2012 09:05PM reply | quote
posted by Coco

Beautiful, i love them!!!
Re: Zone plate on a stroll posted by esmond July 18, 2012 05:05PM reply | quote
posted by esmond
good stuff, like them both!
Re: Zone plate on a stroll posted by Victoria Bell July 25, 2012 06:04AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Wonderful, both images!

Outback, it does take post processing to get the zone plate to have this much definition. Focusing isn't really an issue. When chosing a subject, aim for either a high contrast scene, or vivid colors.

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Zone plate on a stroll posted by Caroline July 28, 2012 12:45PM reply | quote
posted by Caroline

Love them!

Caroline,

New Lensbaby owner and avid photo blogger:

www.lovestandsstill.com
Re: Zone plate on a stroll posted by Reikemareike July 29, 2012 02:55AM reply | quote
posted by Reikemareike

Hi! Sorry for the late answer. Here some more details - I put the ISO up to 800 (or was it 1600? need to check the EXIF data). Handheld shot in the middle of a relatively sunny day. With the lensbaby I always use LiveView, as thhis usually gets the exposure right, other than without LiveView. Than did contrast auto adjust in Picasa and added some saturation. Final work on in Snapseed (some more detail in the one picture, "Grunge" effect for the other). So not exactly straight from the camera...

[www.blipfoto.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today