Latest Post

1 hour ago by ughridk

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

Action shots take two

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Action shots take two posted by photosnod July 07, 2012 06:08AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

sweet 35 once again was actually better than my standard lens for shutter speed. for those who don't much like skater pics there is some bikes here too. I am not a skater myself i would break me neck!
Re: Action shots take two posted by Mamaoval July 07, 2012 09:34AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

Very challenging to nail the sweet spot in a decent place--BRAVO!

Sydney
Re: Action shots take two posted by Coco July 07, 2012 09:29PM reply | quote
posted by Coco

I must admit that I liked the first series more. There was this guy with a strawhead and one guy you had his face/expression in focus.. that was just superb!
The sweet spot are excellent again in these, of course! Very good focussing.
Re: Action shots take two posted by longsight July 08, 2012 12:45AM reply | quote
posted by longsight

Great series

[www.martinsandersonphotography.co.uk]

[www.lakelandgalleries.co.uk]

[www.facebook.com]
Re: Action shots take two posted by jackfung July 09, 2012 01:11PM reply | quote
posted by jackfung

always think it is to difficult to tack action shots with lensbaby. it requires u to point the sweetspot and manually focus in a snap of time. and the shutter speed is always too slow to capture the moment.

any tips or advice?

-------------------------------
we enjoy the lensbaby fun :-)
Re: Action shots take two posted by jackfung July 09, 2012 01:12PM reply | quote
posted by jackfung

#1 and #5 are my favourite

-------------------------------
we enjoy the lensbaby fun :-)
Re: Action shots take two posted by photosnod July 11, 2012 01:57PM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

well shoot in av in bright light and the aperture as wide open as you can. keep sweet spot in the middle and track your subject trying to focus and shoot in continuous burst. with any luck some will be in focus sometimes tack sharp others passable. hope this helped jackfung
Re: Action shots take two posted by Marcum July 11, 2012 02:47PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

The optic will center easier in a Scout too. I have used the Scout with several optics other than the Fish Eye; the Sweet 35 works in it, and allows changing aperture on the fly as well. On an APS-C sensor camera the SW35 is almost a 50mm (47.5mm on my Nikon 3100) and on a 2X crop sensor it is a 70mm.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2012 02:49PM by Marcum.
Re: Action shots take two posted by Victoria Bell July 12, 2012 03:10PM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Another great series....I wish I could see well enough to do this

My Flickr Photostream

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today