Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

16 hours ago by Photos4life

Composer Pro Double Glass

view post

Zone plate portraits

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Zone plate portraits posted by Victoria Bell June 25, 2012 01:37AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Decided to give myself a little project. I haven't spent much time with the zone plate, and am particularly interested in using it for portraits. More coming.....

Thanks for looking!

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Zone plate portraits posted by photosnod June 25, 2012 02:32AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

I think I would be a little out of my comfort zone with the zone plate but these are some haunting images you created.
Re: Zone plate portraits posted by Victoria Bell June 25, 2012 04:51AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Be safe :)

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Zone plate portraits posted by gauteov June 25, 2012 08:02PM reply | quote
posted by gauteov

Inspiring! #1 is my favourite, but #2 is also good. Keep on the good work!
gauteov

www.fotogaute.net

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2012 08:03PM by gauteov.
Re: Zone plate portraits posted by CatGargoyle June 25, 2012 08:10PM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

Nicely done.#1 is definitely a keeper.
Cat
Re: Zone plate portraits posted by Coco June 26, 2012 02:31AM reply | quote
posted by Coco

#2 is my favorite! Looks like it came out of a movie!!
Re: Zone plate portraits posted by waniek June 26, 2012 09:15AM reply | quote
posted by waniek

Very well done! All favorites!
Re: Zone plate portraits...more added posted by Victoria Bell June 28, 2012 03:08PM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Thank you for your comments. I have a couple more to add. I find this optic very easy and very difficult to use. Easy because I don't have to focus it, hard because I can't focus it. The zone plate is the oxymoronic optic, I guess.

Thank you for looking

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Zone plate portraits posted by Coco June 28, 2012 06:31PM reply | quote
posted by Coco

I like the first from this set, don't like the window photo that much. Very dreamy look in both. I really like these zoneplate photo's!
Re: Zone plate portraits posted by Marcum June 29, 2012 12:22PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Victoria, I am curious as to the lighting on #3, was a flash used, or just a long exposure? The image has a lot of definition compared to most zone plate images.

Excellent set, haunting images; you have shown that the zone plate optic has potential that I have over looked.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Zone plate portraits posted by hjacks June 29, 2012 10:43PM reply | quote
posted by hjacks

These are really wonderful!
Re: Zone plate portraits posted by Victoria Bell June 29, 2012 11:57PM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Marcum, no flash used. The model was standing in front of a dark doorway in open shade outdoors. I wanted the dark background to emphasize the halos from the white gown. The original shot was very soft and I wanted to bring out more detail on the dress, so I duplicated the layer then used a soft light blend and some burning.

Thank you for looking

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Zone plate portraits posted by Marcum June 30, 2012 01:42PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Thanks for the follow up Victoria. Technique is something I am still learning with post processing. I am still more slide film oriented (get it right in camera).

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Zone plate portraits posted by rabidsquid July 01, 2012 12:45PM reply | quote
posted by rabidsquid

These are fantastic! As much as I like the glowy look that the zone plate gives, I think you've done one better in these pictures and captured an eerie, ghostly sort of atmosphere.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today