Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

16 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Lensbaby LM-10 now available

view post

Portraits of my daughters 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Portraits of my daughters 2 posted by Victoria Bell May 22, 2012 08:25AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Charlotte and Esther, my beautiful models. A can of coke, and I get a pic ; )

Thanks for looking!

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Portraits of my daughters 2 posted by waniek May 22, 2012 02:20PM reply | quote
posted by waniek

Beautiful pics & girls!
Re: Portraits of my daughters 2 posted by BokehBo May 24, 2012 07:14AM reply | quote
posted by BokehBo
Victoria, I am so impressed with everything I've seen from you so far. Very professional and creative. You have lovely daughters.

Warm regards,
Bobette

Exploring the world of blur, one photo at a time.
Re: Portraits of my daughters 2 posted by esmond May 25, 2012 11:29PM reply | quote
posted by esmond
love the composition & colours of #1
Re: Portraits of my daughters 2 posted by jffoto May 26, 2012 05:37AM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Very nice series Victoria, I think you have done a good job with your daughters, my fave is # 3 - wonderful image!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Portraits of my daughters 2 posted by Slang May 26, 2012 02:51PM reply | quote
posted by Slang

Beautiful!

I'm very impressed with how focused you managed to get the eyes. Can you tell me which Lensbaby configuration you used with these??

Thanks
Re: Portraits of my daughters 2 posted by Victoria Bell May 27, 2012 03:50AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Can you tell me which Lensbaby configuration you used with these?

Slang, it is my usual intention to record camera settings for my lens baby pics, but I rarely do. I can tell you this much: The first two (the yellow ones) are taken with Sweet 35. I think around f/4. The last two (the pink and orange) were taken with double glass optic. I'm sure the f/stop is at 4 or wider. I don't usually stop down too much unless I'm doing macro. I'm not sure about the middle, but it looks like Sweet 35 to me. All under natural light, though I do use a speedlite with lensbaby.

As far as sharpness...I have really poor vision, so I'm forced to use live view to focus. I have a hood that covers my camera's lcd, so I can still hold the camera up to my eye and look through the eyepiece on the hood. That way I still get the stability to handhold and use the camera as if I was looking through the viewfinder. The hood is extremely useful in outdoor and bright situations.

I love my lensbaby gear and I greatly admire many folks' "loose" style with their lensbabies. Because of my vision, and my normal view of the world (BLURRY) I am attracted to and intrigued by the detail my camera allows me to "see" That is why almost every lens baby shot of mine has some area in it that is really sharp. I think I'm going to give myself a project and only use my lensbaby as my eye allows, (through the viewfinder) just to find out what I'd get.

I don't know if I answered your question precisely enough, if you need more, just ask!

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Portraits of my daughters 2 posted by steveps May 27, 2012 04:38AM reply | quote
posted by steveps

Excellent set. Very impressive.

Regards Steve
Re: Portraits of my daughters 2 posted by Yoga Raharja May 27, 2012 12:21PM reply | quote
posted by Yoga Raharja

very nice....
Re: Portraits of my daughters 2 posted by Slang May 27, 2012 04:07PM reply | quote
posted by Slang

Thanks for your in-depth technical description. I've heard someone else talking about using the Live View on the LCD screen for focusing better - I should try that. Is the hood you use something like this? [www.kinotehnik.com]

Fascinating - thanks again!!
Re: Portraits of my daughters 2 posted by Mamaoval May 28, 2012 08:47AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

Your daughters are so natural and confident in front of the camera: Beautiful pictures, Victoria. They obviously enjoy being with you.

Sydney

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today