Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

7 hours ago by Marisa Bennett

How do I...

view post

In Spring Snow - Edge 80 on Olympus PEN

Newer Topic | Older Topic

In Spring Snow - Edge 80 on Olympus PEN posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) April 18, 2012 07:45AM reply | quote
I went up to Mt. Hood for an overnight cross country ski adventure and decided to bring the Edge 80 on our new Composer Pro for Micro 4/3rds. I used an Olympus PEN E-PL1 - it's lightweight enough for backpacking and its small sensor (2x crop) turns the Edge 80 into a short telephoto which could be a lot of fun for creative wildlife photography.
I spent most of my time skiing (and hauling a sled-full of supplies to our cabin) but had fun taking a few super-tilted shots as you can see.
Re: In Spring Snow - Edge 80 on Olympus PEN posted by Shatzie7 April 19, 2012 11:59AM reply | quote
posted by Shatzie7

Super cool :)
Re: In Spring Snow - Edge 80 on Olympus PEN posted by Macrae April 19, 2012 12:34PM reply | quote
posted by Macrae

I love how the dog isn't obvious but yet so happy.

My Flickr Photostream
Re: In Spring Snow - Edge 80 on Olympus PEN posted by Marcum April 19, 2012 12:36PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

I really like #1, great photograph.

I carry my Pen PL-1 with the TT/C mounted all the time. I choose an optic for the day, but the other optics, and accessories, are not out of reach if needed, usually in my vehicle with my Nikon 3100 and its LB composer pro and scout.

When shooting flowers the vivid and muted modes are quite handy with vivid being my standard setting.

A great camera, yet I am looking hard at the OM-D that is coming out; I like the retro 35mm look and the specs look very promising for a 4/3rds camera.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: In Spring Snow - Edge 80 on Olympus PEN posted by esmond April 24, 2012 01:22PM reply | quote
posted by esmond
hey Marcum

i also have a few Pen's and a NEX-5 love their portability. The OM-D looks like a great buy, but I'm hanging out for the next PEN and hoping that it has an internal viewfinder and same sensor as the OM-D.
Re: In Spring Snow - Edge 80 on Olympus PEN posted by Marcum April 25, 2012 02:49AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

esmond
hey Marcum

i also have a few Pen's and a NEX-5 love their portability. The OM-D looks like a great buy, but I'm hanging out for the next PEN and hoping that it has an internal viewfinder and same sensor as the OM-D.

A Pen with a built-in view finder would be great, I am thinking that the OM-D is their answer to that issue, we shall see. When I can I may obtain this body.

I got my Pen with the kit lens for $200, the viewfinder was the same price.

I found another new Pen E PL-1 body only for $176 in black. I figured at that price a spare was not a bad idea. Apparently sellers are clearing out their E PL-1 inventory.

I have found the accessory view finder to be workable, but built-in would be much easier.

I was a bit wary of the 4/3rds system, but I have come to use the Pen far more than my Nikon 3100. Many times the 2x crop factor works to my advantage, and the Vivid setting makes nature photos look great straight out of the camera.

Happy shooting!

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: In Spring Snow - Edge 80 on Olympus PEN posted by RhondaInMA April 25, 2012 07:55AM reply | quote
posted by RhondaInMA

Great images... love the first one.

~ Rhonda
Re: In Spring Snow - Edge 80 on Olympus PEN posted by Song42 April 26, 2012 07:37AM reply | quote
posted by Song42

Hi M - that dog made me smile so much!...great shot too..
No1 is great..and i love the composition of no2.

I've never been up Mt. Hood personally - have only past it's vastness many a time over a period of 12 years. It's so nice to see a little of it's beauty - Thanks Michael..:o)

~ Liz

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today