Latest Post

13 hours ago by ughridk

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

hip hop 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

hip hop 2 posted by photosnod April 14, 2012 05:53AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

shots using various converters aperatures and optics didnt keep track.double glass and fisheye optics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2012 01:31PM by photosnod.
Re: hip hop 2 posted by Song42 April 14, 2012 06:20AM reply | quote
posted by Song42

Alway hard to keep track of the apertures!...still difficult remembering even when they've been written down...in my case!..
Loving this second series of shots snod..great reflection on no2.. I especially like nos5/6/7 for the sharpness, detail, colour and compositions..
Creative and great imaginative set!
6 & 7 would be excellent for comercial use...

~ Liz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2012 06:26AM by Song42.
Re: hip hop 2 posted by photosnod April 14, 2012 07:41AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

Thanks Song, I don't have my turntable hooked up so I pulled it off the shelf, dusted it off. I set it up on my dining room table with some sheets of white copy paper behind for a back drop and took about 50 shots. Most at f2.8 some at f4 and sme wide open. I remember what aperture disks just don't remember which shots I used them on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2012 07:42AM by photosnod.
Re: hip hop 2 posted by esmond April 23, 2012 09:52PM reply | quote
posted by esmond
fantastic shots, they all seem to work for me except for #8 ..sorry!
Number 9 is my favorite, love the distortion and the blurred/white background, also love the tones. can you remember how you did it, i assume you used a fisheye/composer. I just got my Scout but not getting any good shots as yet, may be i should take more shots and try popping it (fisheye) into my composer.
thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2012 11:20AM by esmond.
Re: hip hop 2 posted by photosnod April 24, 2012 02:43AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

i used the fisheye wide open i think its F4 with white printer paper as backdrop and the only thing that i changed in post production was a bit of tinting and contrast,the usual. yes I did use the composer but the scout works best with the fisheye because it centers it so it was a bit tricky getting the cropped corners where i wanted them. soooo I cropped them out. As far as #8 goes I dont like it either ha ha thanks for viewing!!
Re: hip hop 2 posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) April 24, 2012 04:07AM reply | quote
Nice shots! I like #2 and #5 best - the combination of sharp Sweet Spot and blurred surroundings is great. Thanks for sharing; keep it up!
-Michael

PS: It looks like we have the same Technics turntable! It's one of my fave photographic test subjects as well:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/smichaelg/4177945005/in/photostream/lightbox/
Re: hip hop 2 posted by photosnod April 24, 2012 04:41AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

Thanks Michael, I checked out your turn' and I hadnt realized that you had this posted turntable pics as well ha ha back to the originality drawing board.
Re: hip hop 2 posted by esmond April 24, 2012 11:24AM reply | quote
posted by esmond
thanks for the tips

es

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today