Latest Post

6 hours ago by Chelle

Re: Edge 80 - Transportation

view post

Hip Hop History

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Hip Hop History posted by photosnod April 12, 2012 05:14AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

I was looking for a unique subject to play around with my macro equipment. I pulled out a classic old school hip hop LP and equipped my camera with my composer and used a combination of macro kit and converters to get various shots of this delicious vinyl. paying close attention to get into the groove!!
as much as I would have liked to have colored lights, I achieved different colors using tint and temp controls.
I also chose as "Urban" because of the type of music.
Re: Hip Hop History posted by DMacDzigns April 12, 2012 06:41AM reply | quote
posted by DMacDzigns

Interesting subject. Since it is "Classic Old School", it may be fun to see them in B&W. My fav is the last one. Nice detail.

DMacDzigns / www.DMacDzigns.com
Re: Hip Hop History posted by Macrae April 12, 2012 07:35AM reply | quote
posted by Macrae

I love number 6 also. There is a generation out there that may have never seen a record before. When my daughter was in college, she is now 25, she was looking for a song on an album. I asked her if she looked on the "flip side". She had no idea what that meant and was really surprised songs were on both sides of the album.
Re: Hip Hop History posted by photosnod April 12, 2012 09:18AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

Thanks for the comments, I think I will do a follow up to this. As for shooting in black and white, I wanted to show the color of the label and sometimes the grooves will reflect a spectrum of light. Stay tuned in for "the flip side"

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today