Latest Post

11 minutes ago by ranfoto

Re: Lensbaby and converters

view post

Orchid Macro

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Orchid Macro posted by bigmikemuin April 09, 2012 09:29PM reply | quote
posted by bigmikemuin
Still fascinated using my macro attachments on my muse.
Re: Orchid Macro posted by photosnod April 10, 2012 02:06AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

Well Big Mike, as funny as i think it is that you are taking macro photos with a name like that, these are some of the best flower macro shots I've seen posted on here. Nice light and tack sharp focus!!
Re: Orchid Macro posted by bigmikemuin April 10, 2012 02:32PM reply | quote
posted by bigmikemuin
photosnod
Well Big Mike, as funny as i think it is that you are taking macro photos with a name like that, these are some of the best flower macro shots I've seen posted on here. Nice light and tack sharp focus!!

Hahaha... after shooting for a long time, It is on with these Macro attachments that I really had the chance to see this world of macro... I guess better late than never! =)

Thank you photosnod!
Re: Orchid Macro posted by jackfung April 10, 2012 10:37PM reply | quote
posted by jackfung

the world of macro is really amazing
great set of photo, btw, were they taken with flashing? the lighting is excellent!! any tips?

-------------------------------
we enjoy the lensbaby fun :-)
Re: Orchid Macro posted by bigmikemuin April 10, 2012 11:59PM reply | quote
posted by bigmikemuin
jackfung
the world of macro is really amazing
great set of photo, btw, were they taken with flashing? the lighting is excellent!! any tips?

Thanks Jackfung...

No flash/strobe used in these shots... I placed the flowers on a tall table outside on my porch, mid afternoon, and started shooting. My best advice is to use the f8 aperture ring on stacked macro set...Had a hard time at first using the big aperture rings...Good luck and keep me posted...
Re: Orchid Macro posted by esmond April 23, 2012 12:33PM reply | quote
posted by esmond
f8, thanks for the tip. I usually use f4 or under. Your macro photos are absolutely gorgeous, especially love 2 and 4. Love the sharpness and the smooth gradation into a creamy blur. Its like going into an another world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2012 12:35PM by esmond.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today