Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

10 hours ago by Photos4life

Composer Pro Double Glass

view post

Portraits of my daughters

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Portraits of my daughters posted by Victoria Bell March 20, 2012 03:41AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Made both of these with the edge80. I've had it on my camera a lot to practice using it. I'm getting better at using it, but still have a tough time seeing the slice until I get it on the computer.

Thanks for looking!

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by Marcum March 20, 2012 03:57AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Well done composition and lighting! I especially like #1 with the focus on the eyes as it should be, the eyes show the light of life.

I like #2 in B&W, it sets a pensive mood. You are indeed blessed with these lovely daughters; they remind me how much I miss my grand children; I will fill up an 8gig card or two when I get to visit them again.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by WPMV March 20, 2012 04:15AM reply | quote
posted by WPMV
Wow!
Both are beautiful.
Nr.2 is really great!
How did you do the B&W conversion?
(nr.2 is added to my favorites!)

Greetz, Wim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2012 04:16AM by WPMV.
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by waniek March 20, 2012 04:37AM reply | quote
posted by waniek

Very beautiful an dwell done pics! #1 is especially impressing.
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by Da Lowrider March 20, 2012 04:39AM reply | quote
posted by Da Lowrider

Typically, I shoot for clarity in portraits, that being said I'll add, there are NO absolutes. Sometimes one may be moved to do something a bit softer.

I like the first frame, I like the coloration and the way her lips are slightly colored and contrast nicely with the rest of the frame. Shadow/Light is very pretty.

The crop is super, I like Dutch angles, they seem to add motion or energy or something for me as a viewer. I apply the rule of thirds as well and in tandem they work well from my perspective.

The bottom line is .. we all know what we like, sometimes not even really why we like it cause we just DO and that's enough. I like this photo, nicely done.

"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?
____Groucho Marx
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by Marcum March 20, 2012 05:40AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

DaLowrider
Typically, I shoot for clarity in portraits, that being said I'll add, there are NO absolutes. Sometimes one may be moved to do something a bit softer.

Indeed DaLowrider, and with the arrival of Lensbaby the absolutes as to what constitutes a portrait (or any traditional genre of photography) went out the door. I like a well done traditional portrait, landscape, or macro, but find more life in what a Lensbaby can achieve.

To each their own way of photographing, and those on here are not shooting Lensbaby exclusively, just most of the time, if they are shooting like I do. ;>)

Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) March 20, 2012 08:36AM reply | quote
Fabulous portraits; thanks for posting!
-Michael
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by jackfung March 20, 2012 10:39PM reply | quote
posted by jackfung

both 2 are beautiful. good lighting and colour tone.

the #1 is amazing, the focus is on the eyes, however her lips are most impressive to me since they are soft and liquid.

the #2 is nice too, i like her eyelash and the composition of the photo

-------------------------------
we enjoy the lensbaby fun :-)
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by Song42 March 21, 2012 07:30PM reply | quote
posted by Song42

Light in the eyes of no1 is excellent, nice crop V - I love the tone and chosen crop of no2..my fave for softness..:o)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Regards ~ Liz

Lizscott~Redbubble
My Flickr Photostream
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by bigmikemuin March 22, 2012 07:53PM reply | quote
posted by bigmikemuin
inspiring...love the tones on both portraits.
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by Pipyr March 26, 2012 12:07PM reply | quote
posted by Pipyr

I love them both. The focus, dof, and composition seem spot on to me. I especially like the hint of background in the second one. It does something to hold me in the frame. Really lovely work!
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by jffoto March 26, 2012 04:19PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Wonderful portraits - I like them both, well done work!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by Crabcakes March 26, 2012 10:36PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Love them both. The light in #1 is simply captivating. The empty space in #2 lends weight to the composition if that makes sense. Lensbaby Photography is all about rule-bending and these are prime examples of "non-traditional" portraits. Lovely girls as well!

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 10:41PM by Crabcakes.
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by BFCoughlin March 27, 2012 10:34AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
Both stunning. I especially like the first with the clear but subtle emphasis on her eyes. It seems to use the Edge 80 to its best advantage.
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by Marcum March 27, 2012 10:55AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

BFCoughlin
Both stunning. I especially like the first with the clear but subtle emphasis on her eyes. It seems to use the Edge 80 to its best advantage.

I agree, this is the strength of the edge 80.

Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by Lorna Taylor March 27, 2012 11:13AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Just lovely !

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by rannestad April 03, 2012 08:57PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

You are doing fantastic! Congratulations on your new tool

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: Portraits of my daughters posted by Victoria Bell April 05, 2012 08:14AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Thank you, all for your comments and encouragement!

My Flickr Photostream

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today