Latest Post

2 days ago by RichB

Re: Blue Bells and Butter Cups

view post

Snow crocus ala Muse

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Snow crocus ala Muse posted by BFCoughlin March 13, 2012 11:13AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
The first flower of spring, the tiny snow crocus.

Bobbie
[todayintheory.blogspot.com]
Re: Snow crocus ala Muse posted by Marcum March 13, 2012 11:26AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Very well done Barbara, You use the Muse well, and masterfully captured the beauty of the flower.

I decided not to use a Muse due to the physical condition with my hands, I would not have the control I can get from the Composer Pro, or a Control Freak, but the CF just has too many controls. ;>)

I really like the Tilt Transformer/Composer on the OM Pen; so versatile.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Snow crocus ala Muse posted by OdzBodkinz March 13, 2012 11:59AM reply | quote
posted by OdzBodkinz

Nice colors. Lovely image.
Re: Snow crocus ala Muse posted by BFCoughlin March 14, 2012 10:31AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
Marcum--that's one of the cool things about the Lensbaby--so many cool tools to enhance one's vision! To be honest, I chose the Muse because it was the least expensive--but it turns out I love the kind of Zen way it works. On the other hand, I think one can have more control with the Composer which might make it better for macro work, where a locked-on would result in more predictable results. But to me, all that matters is having fun and using these incredible lenses to show off new ways to see the world. And it's great to be able to share that with like minded folks like you and the other photographers here.
Re: Snow crocus ala Muse posted by Marcum March 14, 2012 10:54AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

BFCoughlin
Marcum--that's one of the cool things about the Lensbaby--so many cool tools to enhance one's vision! To be honest, I chose the Muse because it was the least expensive--but it turns out I love the kind of Zen way it works. On the other hand, I think one can have more control with the Composer which might make it better for macro work, where a locked-on would result in more predictable results. But to me, all that matters is having fun and using these incredible lenses to show off new ways to see the world. And it's great to be able to share that with like minded folks like you and the other photographers here.

Barbara, I agree very much with your closing comments above, which I highlighted.

I also see Lensbaby providing a lens body that uses the optics that "fits" each one of us and our style. If I were doing a lot of table top work using a tripod I would go with the control freak. The muse "fits" a more freestyle approach, and the Composer types fall some where in the middle. I am more the composer type since they do freestyle and tripod work well for me and my physical limitations.

The main focus is to enjoy the experience as you breathe new life into your photography with these wonderful lenses.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Snow crocus ala Muse posted by Victoria Bell March 15, 2012 02:13PM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Happy herald of spring! Lovely, Bobbie.

My Flickr Photostream

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today