My Flickr Photostream
Re: Snowshine posted by Lorna Taylor March 09, 2012 12:31PM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Lovely work !

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: Snowshine posted by Victoria Bell March 09, 2012 01:42PM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Thank you, Lorna. I know this isn't extreme lensbaby, but that is one advantage with the edge. Its convenient to be able to use it more traditionally without having to switch lenses. BUT with this shot I WAS trying to slice in on her eyes. I guess I did, but most of the blur was lost due to the ultra-bright conditions, forcing me to use a smaller aperture.

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Snowshine posted by Marcum March 09, 2012 02:36PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Victoria Bell
Thank you, Lorna. I know this isn't extreme lensbaby, but that is one advantage with the edge. Its convenient to be able to use it more traditionally without having to switch lenses. BUT with this shot I WAS trying to slice in on her eyes. I guess I did, but most of the blur was lost due to the ultra-bright conditions, forcing me to use a smaller aperture.

I faced the wide aperture dilemma too, I fixed it with a set of Neutral Density filters and a step up ring of 46mm to 52mm to use my 52mm ND filter set 2, 4, and 8 stops (this fits the Edge 80, the Sweet 35, the 1.6X telephoto, and the 0.6X wide angle; the super wide is 52mm so no ring is needed); combined they will give -14 stops (and some difficult focusing unless using a tripod to frame the shot first). On the other optics get the step up/lens shade accessory that allows 52mm filters to fit.

I usually find the 4 or 8 to be enough and easy enough to hand hold and focus.

I find the Scout body and either the Edge 80 or Sweet 35 to be a good choice for more "normal" photos, especially the Sweet 35 at higher aperture settings. The wonderful thing about Lensbaby are the combinations one can achieve if we think outside the box in the same way lensbaby works out side the box in photography.

Good shooting!

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Snowshine posted by Victoria Bell March 09, 2012 11:40PM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

I faced the wide aperture dilemma too, I fixed it with a set of Neutral Density filters
Just me and my lensbaby that day :) But yes, nd filters are a useful addition if a wide apertures is wanted.

I find the Scout body and either the Edge 80 or Sweet 35 to be a good choice for more "normal" photos

I don't have a scout, but would really like one now for my fisheye. Its always a pain trying to center it.

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Snowshine posted by orphiz March 10, 2012 05:48AM reply | quote
posted by orphiz
Amazing! lovely done. realy sharp also. Now i want it also!

Cheers
Andy.
www.orphiz.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today