Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

11 hours ago by beyond_Life

Dragons Blood

view post

Across the Universe

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Across the Universe posted by Victoria Bell March 09, 2012 01:36AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Edge 80 with both macro converters.

My Flickr Photostream
Re: Across the Universe posted by CatGargoyle March 09, 2012 02:28AM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

Nicely done montage. Colors are superb as is composition. Great image.
Re: Across the Universe posted by photosnod March 09, 2012 02:33AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

FUNKAY!
Re: Across the Universe posted by Marcum March 09, 2012 08:48AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Awesome colors!

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Across the Universe posted by OdzBodkinz March 09, 2012 09:19AM reply | quote
posted by OdzBodkinz

Insane!
Re: Across the Universe posted by Macrae March 09, 2012 10:32AM reply | quote
posted by Macrae

Really nice! How did you do this? Was just about to place my order for the Sweet 35 but now may have to switch over to the macro converters. Oh, such decisions!
Re: Across the Universe posted by Lorna Taylor March 09, 2012 12:37PM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Fantastic !

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: Across the Universe posted by Victoria Bell March 09, 2012 01:32PM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

How did you do this? Was just about to place my order for the Sweet 35 but now may have to switch over to the macro converters.

Macrae,

This is olive oil floating on water in a glass baking dish. I suspended the dish over a cd lit by a desk lamp. I used the edge 80 optic + the macro converters. You can use the converters with the sweet 35, if that is the optic you prefer. Take a look at my photos here on the forum. I have a pic of my parakeet taken with sweet 35 + macro converters. (The converters are basically extension tubes.)

If you're having trouble deciding which optic to buy (edge vs sweet35) here are some considerations:
The sweet 35 is a wider angle optic, which may be more desirable if you have a crop sensor. For example, on a camera with a 1.6 crop factor, the edge would be 128mm instead of 80mm on a full frame. Sweet 35 has a circular area of focus, vs the slice of focus with the edge 80. Both can be used for macro with the macro converters.

Check out my flickr pics for more lensbaby shots.

My Flickr Photostream

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today