Lensbaby Studio Forums

Edge 80 at the library

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Edge 80 at the library posted by goldenmom February 26, 2012 07:43AM reply | quote
posted by goldenmom

My first time out with the Edge 80. Still not sure I have the hang of it. It's really different shooting with 80mm than with the wider optics, and I found myself backing up quite a bit.

These were all edited with Lightroom with Clarity increased or decreased.
Re: Edge 80 at the library posted by Marcum February 26, 2012 11:24AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Well done set, I like #3 a lot.

I am assuming you are shooting with a full frame camera. On my N3100 the 80mm comes to 120mm, so I treat it more like a macro using the macro capability with and without the macro converters. I am going to try it on a film body and see how it performs on a full frame.

I too find myself backing up on non macro shots, or just going for landscape shots.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Edge 80 at the library posted by BFCoughlin February 27, 2012 11:04AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
Looks to me like you're getting the hang of it. I like images 1 & 3 the best.
Re: Edge 80 at the library posted by KarenHermann February 27, 2012 09:14PM reply | quote
posted by KarenHermann
I think you definitely have the hang of it - these are great! My personal favorites are 3, 4, and 5.
Re: Edge 80 at the library posted by TG-J (Admin) February 27, 2012 10:13PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

:-) Where was it you said you lived Jill ? Toytown. tony
Re: Edge 80 at the library posted by Ginagirl February 27, 2012 11:23PM reply | quote
posted by Ginagirl

Nice set of shots. I just received my Edge 80 yesterday, I've not had a chance to go out and play yet, so looking forward to getting creative with my new optic! Also going to get a converter, they are on back order at this time. ... Happy Shooting : )
Re: Edge 80 at the library posted by goldenmom February 29, 2012 12:53PM reply | quote
posted by goldenmom

Hi TG-J, I'm from Seattle. These pictures were taken at the Central Downtown library. The architecture is an acquired taste, but it looks great in pictures.

[en.wikipedia.org]
Re: Edge 80 at the library posted by chasmcn February 29, 2012 03:41PM reply | quote
posted by chasmcn
lovely set of images temping me to buy one

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today