Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by jffoto

Re: On the other side

view post

Very First Lensbaby Images

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Very First Lensbaby Images posted by sometimescrafter February 25, 2012 05:07AM reply | quote
posted by sometimescrafter

Just getting started with my first Lensbaby lens. I started with a Composer Pro with double glass optic. I love Landscape photography, but mostly do "craft" photography right now and want to see how I can apply this lens to that. I definitely see this lens as stepping out of my comfort zone, but love a challenge!

My Flickr
Re: Very First Lensbaby Images posted by photosnod February 25, 2012 05:55AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

looks like you're quite comfortable. I am amazed at how many people think the lensbaby is difficult. I am by no means a professional just a born again artist with a different type of brush. your photos are spot on!!
Re: Very First Lensbaby Images posted by jffoto February 25, 2012 02:59PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Well done work, I like the series a lot.

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Very First Lensbaby Images posted by Marcum February 25, 2012 09:37PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

I agree with the other comments, you are well on the way to a Lensbaby adventure. Very well done set, I like #5, focus was tight and the detail of the subject benefited from the use of B&W.

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to more of your photos.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Very First Lensbaby Images posted by janvanommen February 26, 2012 02:17AM reply | quote
posted by janvanommen

Hej Christina,

Nice photograph's, image nr 3, I like the most.
greetings

Jan
Re: Very First Lensbaby Images posted by sometimescrafter February 27, 2012 12:55AM reply | quote

photosnod: It's not that it's difficult, just a whole different way to approach your photos. It's not as easy as picking up the camera and snapping a photo, you have to spend a bit more time with it. I want my images to have a sharp focus in a meaningful spot, and that's been the challenge so far. And I think that is mostly because i'm "blind" at the moment without contacts. Hard to focus when the whole world is out of focus. I work without the auto focus with my lenses often, and when I rent a tilt-shift I have no choice, but this is so different. I'm looking forward to my next road trip with this, that's for sure!

Marcum: Thank you! It seems a lot of the photos I have taken so far really benefit from the black and white treatments. I'm seeing a trend with this lens for me. :)
Re: Very First Lensbaby Images posted by photosnod February 27, 2012 01:54AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

sorry if i sounded rude but as you know black and white text never translates as nice as black and white photos 8)!
If I'm not careful I'll have to change my name to photosnob!
so I' will have to word things better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2012 02:00AM by photosnod.
Re: Very First Lensbaby Images posted by sometimescrafter February 27, 2012 05:35AM reply | quote

photosnod: Not at all! I didn't take it as rude at all. I couldn't agree with you more about the idea of making the simple difficult when it need not be. I'm such a precise person, and like it all perfect and lined up, and the this lens is definitely more about going with the flow and stepping out of my comfort zone.
Re: Very First Lensbaby Images posted by hebphoto February 27, 2012 06:37AM reply | quote
posted by hebphoto

Well done with the whole set love #3
Shooting with Lensbaby takes some getting use to .
Like I hear so many people say Photoshop is easy , hell its a big program and usually the people that say this have not even scratched the surface .
We are all still learning keep it up .

Regards Malcolm
Re: Very First Lensbaby Images posted by k8tography February 27, 2012 10:08AM reply | quote
posted by k8tography

Very nice! I particularly like #3 and #6.

Kate

www.k8tography.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today