Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by ebby62

Fishing boats

view post

soft focus impressionist shot

Newer Topic | Older Topic

soft focus impressionist shot posted by chasmcn February 21, 2012 03:54PM reply | quote
posted by chasmcn
a soft focus shot of the albert dock in liverpool textured to try and produce a impressionist type of painting with a abstract touch.

the 2nd image is taken in the tate gallery in liverpool which shows very abstract painting and sculptures so i shot this image with that in mind of creating a abstract in a area full of abstract objects ,a lady is studying a work of art in a brightly painted room her clothing matched the area she was standing in ,the reflection of the window puts her in the spot light .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2012 04:02PM by chasmcn.
Re: soft focus impressionist shot posted by CatGargoyle February 21, 2012 07:53PM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

They do give an impressionistic feel. I like the first the best. Nice.
Re: soft focus impressionist shot posted by KarenHermann February 21, 2012 09:26PM reply | quote
posted by KarenHermann
OMG I love that first one so much!! Such a painterly feel, with wonderful colors - I love the splash of green/blue in the building further back. I like them both, but that first one just grabs me.
Re: soft focus impressionist shot posted by goldenmom February 22, 2012 12:20PM reply | quote
posted by goldenmom

#1 is very nice. I love the impressionistic feel and processing as well as the inclusion of people in the shot. They add so much.
Re: soft focus impressionist shot posted by Victoria Bell February 23, 2012 02:06AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Both are wonderful. I favor the first as there is JUST enough detail. Excellent composition too.

My Flickr Photostream
Re: soft focus impressionist shot posted by Dane Tessler February 24, 2012 08:41AM reply | quote
posted by Dane Tessler
Very nice indeed!
Re: soft focus impressionist shot posted by BFCoughlin February 24, 2012 10:15AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
The first one feels Impressionistic--the second rather mysterious.
Re: soft focus impressionist shot posted by jffoto February 25, 2012 03:12PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Nice series, I like them both, but #1 the most, because of the details - well done work.

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today