Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by RichB

Re: Blue Bells and Butter Cups

view post

first shots with macro converters!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

first shots with macro converters! posted by photosnod February 10, 2012 12:56AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

took these shots with the new macro converters.
the first Two are with the fisheye optic and 16mm converter.
the third shot is fishey with 8mm the last two are double glass both 16&8mm converters and both macro filter lenses stacked.
with the fisheye macro i find that if you use both converters you end up bumping your subject.
images one two and three apear to have an orange heartat the bottom of the dew drop.
pictured here my daughters seed growing experiment.
Re: first shots with macro converters! posted by photosnod February 10, 2012 12:58AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

just one other note make sure your glass is clean as for some reason these converters show off every detail including the dust on your lens.
Re: first shots with macro converters! posted by maryloveslucydog February 10, 2012 04:20AM reply | quote
posted by maryloveslucydog
Those are amazingly sharp!

I am still trying to figure out the composer pro... it isn't easy to find the sweet spot. And, my Nikon D60 doesn't meter and only works in full manual with the Lensbaby, so this is a huge learning curve for me. But seeing images like this, is encouraging. Thanks. :)
Re: first shots with macro converters! posted by photosnod February 10, 2012 05:13AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

I have a canon t2i and it works in aperture mode nicely i just have to watch it doesn't bump my iso too high.
Re: first shots with macro converters! posted by RhondaInMA February 10, 2012 05:14AM reply | quote
posted by RhondaInMA

You're making me want to buy the macro converters now.... great series of shots.

~ Rhonda
Re: first shots with macro converters! posted by photosnod February 10, 2012 05:21AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

they are a nice addition to my bag of weapons but i am definitely questioning the 50 dollar USD price point add in shipping from lensbaby hq and it cost me close to 70 i think they are priced a bit high for what they are. sorry lensbaby admin.
Re: first shots with macro converters! posted by BFCoughlin February 10, 2012 09:13AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
I've ordered the converters albeit somewhat dubiously, since I have the macro kit. You're giving me a sense of the potential. Perhaps this was too much of an indulgence, but I love macro photography.
Re: first shots with macro converters! posted by kirkteo February 10, 2012 03:04PM reply | quote
posted by kirkteo

I just got my converter and trying soon after seeing your pictures. very well done.. thumbs up
Re: first shots with macro converters! posted by rannestad February 11, 2012 03:33AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Very good. Especially the first one. The bokeh and colors of it is awesome

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: first shots with macro converters! posted by photosnod February 11, 2012 04:36AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

thanks for the comment rannestad!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today