Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Leaf abstractions in B&W

view post

Practicing with my sweet 35...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by RhondaInMA February 08, 2012 08:23AM reply | quote
posted by RhondaInMA

I am having a tough time getting used to the sweet spot on the sweet 35. I must be used to my other optics? Unless the composer pro is that much different than the composer. I bought the composer pro and only use it with the sweet 35 and I seem to be having a tough time with them together and am not sure where my problem is. Definitely a challenge but I'll never give up! Patience and practice...

~ Rhonda
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by BFCoughlin February 08, 2012 10:55AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
Actually, I think you're making very effective use of it. I especially like the one of the road and the two on the beach. the first conveys a sense of loneliness and journey; the other two use the sweet spot to isolate one feature of the beach while still allowing us to see the context.
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by TG-J (Admin) February 08, 2012 12:24PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Rhonda ,nice shots #3 is a cracker. tony
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by waniek February 08, 2012 02:09PM reply | quote
posted by waniek

I like #2 and #6 very much. Well done!
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by jffoto February 08, 2012 02:16PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Nice images, I really like #3.

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by RhondaInMA February 08, 2012 09:06PM reply | quote
posted by RhondaInMA

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

~ Rhonda
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) February 09, 2012 07:35AM reply | quote
Excellent shots Rhonda. I've also found it a little easier to lose track of the sweet spot in the Sweet35's wider angle of view. Sometimes I'll frame up the shot at a couple stops darker just to I can clearly see the sweet spot. Then, before I shoot I'll open up the aperture a bit - it's pretty cool to watch the sweet spot shrink around the subject this way.

-M
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by RhondaInMA February 09, 2012 10:07PM reply | quote
posted by RhondaInMA

Thanks Michael. I'm most definitely going to try that!

~ Rhonda
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by photosnod February 10, 2012 01:01AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

I'm a sucker for crisp detail so I would have to vote for #4 & #6
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by Scottda February 10, 2012 06:32AM reply | quote
posted by Scottda

I absolutely love #6. #3 is a great action shot and I love how the trail through the trees is so well defined.

Scott

[www.scottphotoart.com]
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by kirkteo February 10, 2012 03:25PM reply | quote
posted by kirkteo

I like #2 #4 #5 and #6.
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by Outback February 10, 2012 11:04PM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Plymouth sunrise becomes a new favorite. Beautiful work Rhonda.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by francesco February 11, 2012 01:48AM reply | quote
posted by francesco
#6 is stunning!
a great set.

francesco

the river flows
and in it I swim
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by RhondaInMA February 11, 2012 04:55AM reply | quote
posted by RhondaInMA

Thanks everyone!

~ Rhonda
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by Rob62 February 11, 2012 10:43PM reply | quote
posted by Rob62

#2, 4 and 5 are my favorites
I think you are doing are great job here

----------------------------------------------
Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely (A. Rodin)
Re: Practicing with my sweet 35... posted by Victoria Bell February 12, 2012 01:08PM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

The beach shots are especially nice.

My Flickr Photostream

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today