Latest Post

1 hour ago by TG-J

Re: Perth Royal Show

view post

New macro test shots

Newer Topic | Older Topic

New macro test shots posted by kirkteo February 01, 2012 11:15AM reply | quote
posted by kirkteo

Just got my Aperture Creative kit and macro filter, since I'm not exactly a macro photographer, this is my 1st attempt.

Welcome any Comments
Re: New macro test shots posted by BFCoughlin February 03, 2012 03:46AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
Of the three, my favorite is the third--perfect focus and just enough "gleam."
Re: New macro test shots posted by kirkteo February 03, 2012 03:00PM reply | quote
posted by kirkteo

Hi BFCoughlin, thanks for pointing out to me, need to learn to focus with that.
Re: New macro test shots posted by Outback February 05, 2012 12:02AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Kirkteo,

I did this same exact shot with the Book of Solomon for my 30th wedding anniversary last year. I did not have my Lensbaby at that time and I like these much better than mine. I agree with BF that number 3 is just right. Nice work here.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)
Re: New macro test shots posted by Lorna Taylor February 05, 2012 01:08AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Lovely!

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: New macro test shots posted by kirkteo February 05, 2012 12:23PM reply | quote
posted by kirkteo

Hi Outback, oh.. such coincidence. can't remember how, but for the shadow of the ring, I think I saw somewhere. and for the book of solomon, I just did a search on google for the word love and thought that was it. Also due to book of Solomon is somewhere in the middle of the bible.

Thanks so much for compliment.
Re: New macro test shots posted by kirkteo February 05, 2012 12:24PM reply | quote
posted by kirkteo

Thanks Lorna
Re: New macro test shots posted by susangrace February 05, 2012 07:45PM reply | quote
posted by susangrace

I love this shot done with the lensbaby! # 3 is my favorite as well.
Re: New macro test shots posted by kirkteo February 05, 2012 09:41PM reply | quote
posted by kirkteo

Thanks Susangrace. I am still waiting for my doubleglass to come and will try it again using that.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today