Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

56 minutes ago by Bender

Re: Fly Away (4)

view post

Sweet 35...at church

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sweet 35...at church posted by goldenmom December 29, 2011 02:30PM reply | quote
posted by goldenmom

Went to a beautiful cathedral in Seattle with a friend, not to worship but to take pictures. I didn't take many pictures but was really pleased with the Lensbaby + Sweet 35 performance. I'm tempted to get another optic--what's a good one to add to my collection?
Re: Sweet 35...at church posted by Vlasta December 29, 2011 05:21PM reply | quote
posted by Vlasta
Interesting, touching, just woderful.
Re: Sweet 35...at church posted by Karenoc11 December 29, 2011 05:49PM reply | quote
posted by Karenoc11

great work... love #2 so mintersting and great composition!
Re: Sweet 35...at church posted by BFCoughlin December 31, 2011 09:31AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
Very spiritual, especially the first two.
Re: Sweet 35...at church posted by Duh_Vinci December 31, 2011 10:11PM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Excellent set! Specially 1 and 3.

Regards,
D
Re: Sweet 35...at church posted by bigtalljohn December 31, 2011 11:27PM reply | quote
posted by bigtalljohn

No 3 is my fave just the subject and composition works so well

[bigtalljohn.co.uk]

Do I care enough, or do I care too much to handle failure.
Re: Sweet 35...at church posted by Outback January 01, 2012 04:04AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

What a beautiful cathedral. Very nice work goldemom. #2 becomes a favorite. Wonderful B/W treatment.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)
Re: Sweet 35...at church posted by TrishWoodford January 13, 2012 03:34PM reply | quote
posted by TrishWoodford
These are all wonderful...love the tones in #2 and #3. Great mood in #1 :)
Re: Sweet 35...at church posted by Dane Tessler February 21, 2012 12:36AM reply | quote
posted by Dane Tessler
The second one brings me back to Parochial School days.
Re: Sweet 35...at church posted by mdborai February 21, 2012 01:18AM reply | quote
posted by mdborai

They all look great, but I think the third one really stands out. Nice work.
Re: Sweet 35...at church posted by Marcum February 21, 2012 02:37AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

goldenmom
I didn't take many pictures but was really pleased with the Lensbaby + Sweet 35 performance. I'm tempted to get another optic--what's a good one to add to my collection?

I would suggest a single glass if you want softer photos, the double glass for a more defined sweet spot, or the Edge 80 for its tilting to add blur as you want it.

Very nice set too goldenmom, you should return and take more photos if possible.

I want to go to the Duke Chapel in Durham, NC and take some images there in B&W; it is a beautiful stone cathedral, and lots of details to work with.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Sweet 35...at church posted by Dane Tessler February 21, 2012 03:53AM reply | quote
posted by Dane Tessler
If you don't already have one, a double glass would be nice as you can maintain a sharp sweet spot and use your own creative apertures.
Re: Sweet 35...at church posted by Victoria Bell February 21, 2012 05:18AM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

Love these! Especially 3.

I would recommend the fisheye to get a wide angle. You can crop to get rid of the goofy fish bowl effect. Plus, like someone said, the plastic or maybe zone/pinhole. Both give a softer look.

My Flickr Photostream

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today